Dust on the Sensor?

mwcfarms

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.deannachambers.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I can see what is obviously a dust spot in the picture but what about the two streaks. Is the edit, clean enough? Thanks for looking.

Dust Obviously-didnt notice till I editted but funny that its only on a few of the shots in this series??
5111715250_713c3d9518_z.jpg

Cleaned up?
5111128491_794fa0f46f_z.jpg

It "could be" a couple of hairs, or a fabric fiber, doubled....it "could be" a water, cleaning fluid, or spittle streak...it "could be" a camera poltergeist's shadow...

The two lines seem very long, but their actual, physical length is about half of a sensor height, so on APS-C, that means the source is only about 6 to 7 millimeters long...which ain't very long...

One way to get a better idea is to shoot a shot of the sky or an even-toned wall with the lens stopped down to f/16 ,f/22, or f/32, and you'll get a better idea of what the objects actually "are". Right now, they are slightly in front of the sensor, on the anti-aliasing filter array,and as such are outside the depth of focus plane. With the lens stopped down, they will come in to better focus. My guess? Fabric fiber, one long one, bent, and sticking to the AA-array due to static cling...

Do you have any mohair sweaters? A shaggy kitty cat? Alpacas? Llamas?

Lol I have a million cats, I live on a farm. I also have alpacas. :er: But good thing I haven't seen this since. I actually was just going back to edit different versions of one of these shots that I sold and noticed it. Went through the rest of the images and it was just this one.

Do you think the edit is clean enough now?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back