dusty spaces, and discoveries

boris152

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Alright, so the garage at my parents' house is cluttered beyond description, and today I thought I'd find something to photograph out there. I was definately right, though I still wonder if I do the setting the justice it deserves considering the impact it had when I spotted it. Please, please tell me what you think of this.

253016300_f667ca5f8b_o.jpg

What is "it?"

Oh, I see, a flag. Maybe if the star was pulled around a bit. Knew I was looking for an "it."

It never ceases to amaze me how much my images fall flat on this audience. I'm doing something wrong . . .

Sorry, I don't mean to sound pathetic. Just tired. G'night, everyone.

boris152 said:
It never ceases to amaze me how much my images fall flat on this audience. I'm doing something wrong . . .

Okay, so the "That was a stupid thing to say" light just came on. Sorry about that. By all means, critique away, and thanks for looking. :)

The way the light from the window falls onto that old, limp flag is really nice but I feel you placed the source of light too much into the centre of your frame. More focus (not in the technical sense of the word here) should be on that interestingly lit flag, I think, therefore it might have served your photo more if you had turned a bit over to the right, having the window as your visible lightsource on the left and more of the flag in the picture. That is must me --- musing over this photo and trying to imagine why it "falls so flat on this audience" ... :scratch: ... how 'bout trying a vertical crop???? Maybe???

I actually really like this. The softness of the whole shot, the mood it creates and the colours really work for me. Great capture.

I am liken this picture a whole lot, the light play is great on the flags and a very nice atmosphere to it. The left side of the window is a bit distracting as well as the bags under the window, a tighter focus on the window and flag would give it more impact imo. But a wonderful picture non the less, good eye for spotting it.

I like the photo.

I agree with LaFoto that maybe the window should be a little more left in the frame, but the idea and lighting of the flag is great.

I like it, but I'm a Noob, so take it for what it's worth.... ;)

Thanks for the help and comments, everyone. I'm still embarrassed about what I said earlier. I'm not really like that, and I don't normally let outside stuff affect what goes into the forum. Enough about that, I'm beating a dead horse.

Your suggestions have been very helpful. The framing of the picture is my fault, I cropped it that way! :) Ah well, I have 20 other shots of the same subject to play with as well, including some verticles. I'll get it figured out.

boris152 said:
Thanks for the help and comments, everyone. I'm still embarrassed about what I said earlier. I'm not really like that, and I don't normally let outside stuff affect what goes into the forum. Enough about that, I'm beating a dead horse.

Don't worry...

My first and only post so far has been viewed 130+ times and has 4 comments... ;)

I guess not every shot is pleasing to every one, which is what makes this hobby interesting. :)

Never forget that we also get a lot of viewings from GUESTS, i.e. not registered people. They will come and look and lurk and put up the post count but not comment.

C'mon Boris, let us see some other versions.

Alright, here are three other versions, including one framed vertically as suggested.

253464209_707f107252.jpg

253467931_0a0d468b00.jpg

253467933_95b0a048d1.jpg

Not the greatest thing since sliced bread, but this is about fun, right? At least I don't have to feed myself based on the quality of my photography. :)

Well, I quite much like the vertical version here (had been my idea it might look good in the first place :greenpbl: )!

Come on, what kind of artist would I be if I gave other people credit for their ideas!! :)

I like the last one of the three. You can see what the subject is and where it is. Keep posting your pictures.

Remember that alot of people are busy and only log on maybe once a week. Imagine all the stuff they gonna look through in one go. Also people will look at your work and think' yeah, i like that' but think that they can't write such a small message.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back