Eagle Spirit

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Nice balance to that composition. Good colours, exposure spot on, pin sharp, but somehow totally abstract, mainly because there's nothing to give a scale to it. If I had any word of complaint, it would be that I always feel your images ought to be a little larger on the screen.

Wow. I love it. The "eagle" together with those clouds is brilliant. Great eye on this one.

Dani

wow! brilliant photo :)

Thanks!

Nice balance to that composition. Good colours, exposure spot on, pin sharp, but somehow totally abstract, mainly because there's nothing to give a scale to it. If I had any word of complaint, it would be that I always feel your images ought to be a little larger on the screen.

Thanks Chris- I have a small monitor, it ain't no fun if I can't see it. :(

Wow. I love it. The "eagle" together with those clouds is brilliant. Great eye on this one.

Dani

Thank you Dani.

That's brilliant. The moon is kind of in the "arc" of the 'eagles' head, and it appears to be looking down on it. Great.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

The eagle's POV seems to change for me. Sometimes it's looking over its shoulder, sometimes down. I tried to bring in the boulder on the right as a wing, and sometimes it works for me and sometimes it looks like part of the roost or even a mountain beyond.

I like finding and working with 'morphs.' I think scale could be a distraction, and it's hard to pull off without losing the illusionary/spirit-like(?) quality of the photo. Most of all, I like being there and getting to see 'em.

Man, you are on fire! Excellent work again. The texture of the clouds and the rock, with the moon placed in there all works so great together. Composition at its best. Great capture! :thumbup:

NJ

Man, you are on fire! Excellent work again. The texture of the clouds and the rock, with the moon placed in there all works so great together. Composition at its best. Great capture! :thumbup:

NJ

Thank you! It was a really good day- I was able to shoot for the sake of shooting. I was treated really good by nature.

imagin an actual eagle flying though when you took this shot. itd be worth a mint.

Thanks Keith. This is becoming one of my favorite shots. I can kind of drift with it and imagine ...

You certainly caught the spirit-like quality. I think it would look very nice on any of the walls in my home.

Amazing work Abraxas, you certainly are a brilliant photographer!

Thank you for all the wonderful comments. Makes it more fun for me.

wildmaven, I thought the shadow did something,.. but I couldn't figure out what. Thanks for pointing that out.

Most reactions

Back