What's new

Bald Eagle

KJ_North

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Dec 20, 2011
Messages
2,211
Reaction score
2,559
Location
left the site
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I haven't had time to look at all of my shots of this Eagle perched up in a tree, but I processed one of them. It looks pretty young but I am no expert on them. It's the first time for me being able to spot one.
Bald Eagle-1s.webp
 
Very nice shot. Am I correct in thinking this must be a juvieile baldie? Do their head feathers turn white with maturity? Beautiful bird.
 
Great capture! Always exciting to spot one for the first time - the detail looks fantastic.
 
Bald eagles go through a season's long process of getting the all white head and tail. They usually achieve it in their 5th year. If this one had feathers down to its toes, I'd almost think it was a Golden. Coloration and sharp curve, and color of the beak look like it, but juveniles are harder to ID. Very nice shot BTW!
 
Thanks guys for all the comments and info. Much appreciated.
 
I will experiment at pulling more of the shadows out around his head etc. But I don't want to affect the overall shot as that was simply the location sitting back in the trees. I have some shots of him turning his head the other direction and some with him looking directly at me but haven't looked at them yet. Gone away for a few days so likely won't look at till next weekend.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom