Early Christmas! Look what was in MY box!!

Good deal! This fine gifdt item could not have been given to a nicer lady!

As to weight training....yeah...I used to do dumbell work and weight training when I shot 2 or 3 assignments a week with bigger lenses...I felt that it helped alleviate soreness more so than anything. This new 200-500 though...it has VR...that ought to make a monopod a very viable way to shoot. I use a monopod more so than a tripod, especially on the go...the monopod helps keep the weight off of your arms and shoulders and back, and really,really helps steady the shot for composing, AND for sitting "at the ready", with the camera aimed and mostly pre-framed on a situation or one that will soon develop into a shooting-time situation. I agree though, for many people, hand-holding a five-pound lens is impractical, or worse. SO...get that monopod out! And enjoy the heck out of the new lens!

Congrats!!!! :D

I can take sharp photos at 1/30s out to 500mm... on a tripod... with off camera flash! :p

Congratulations and I'm proper jelly!!!

Wow! Congrats! When you go looking for a new tripod head , seriously consider a gimbal head. I just got mine and wish I had done a long time ago.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back