Early Morning Shades C&C #2

jansch

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello,

Attaching 5 photographs for C & C. No PP done, only cropped the images.

focal length- 55 mm, SS- 1/640, f- 5.6

4421610886_39b9b76519.jpg

4421610666_54faab7c3e.jpg

4420844601_6a2f6d6c8d.jpg

4421610768_f503aed154.jpg

This one's rather clumsy. :)

4420847573_6ae7a4e7bd.jpg

f- 4.0, SS- 1/5, focul length- 25mm, ISO- 400

Again, this one's a case of bad focusing, and bad execution basically. But, the composition- how could I have changed it? It was a rather foggy morning.

Thanks.. :)

Hello Jansch and welcome to the site. I see that you have many a views but no comments so let me see if I can provides something useful.
The only bird shot I really like is the third one. It seems the bird is in focus and silohuetted just right. It still lacks that "wow" factor though. I think because the bird is so small. I don't know if I should look a the bird or the sun. It's going to be hard to get pictures of birds without a really long lens. Of course there are others on here who can do it in a pinch but these are seasoned pros.

As to the last one it's not that you missed the focus on the bike, it's that you tried to hand hold your camera at 1/5 of a second. This is near impossible when you're beginning and really hard with experience. Next time you see your shutter speed dip that low bump up your ISO. This will allow the sensor to see more light (not exact technical explanation) and let you use a higher shutter speed. Just curious, were you shooting on Aperture Priority, Manual, or Automatic. If automatic don't be embarrased, we all started somewhere lol. As to composition, there's too much going on; the bike, the tree, the building in the BG, it's centered, and tilted.

Keep practicing and keep posting. If you want more reponses try and post a shot or two of one subject. You have 4 pictures of a bird flying in front of a sun. Pick the best and ask your questions.

Good luck,
Indeedies

I agree with Indeedies that the third bird photo is the best. Both the sun and the bird come pretty close to following the rule of thirds and I like how the sun and bird kind of line up to create a diagonal across the photo.

I have a couple of thoughts on improving the composition of the bike photo. First of all, when there are hard vertical lines (fence rails) and horizonal lines (sidewalk), make sure they are straight in the photo (unless you're purposely trying to make a statement). You can see the fence posts look a little crooked - they should be going straight up and down. Also, the sidewalk is tilted a bit, like its going uphill, but I get the impression its not really a hill. Second, I would move the bike to the left or the right a bit. The tree trunk coming out of the middle of the bike is distracting, but if the bike was moved over a little, the trunk and the overhanging leaves might make a cool natural frame for the bike.

Great start! :)

_____

The Snappy Mama

Just curious, were you shooting on Aperture Priority, Manual, or Automatic. If automatic don't be embarrased, we all started somewhere lol. As to composition, there's too much going on; the bike, the tree, the building in the BG, it's centered, and tilted.

Keep practicing and keep posting. If you want more reponses try and post a shot or two of one subject. You have 4 pictures of a bird flying in front of a sun. Pick the best and ask your questions.

Good luck,
Indeedies

Hey, thanks for the comments. :)

I was in manual mode- that's the mode I've been on since I got the camera that is 3 days ago. I've been reading a lot, and more and more seems to make sense everyday- Hopefully, I'll get a hang of it. It's still a little complex- haha when I read, it seems to make perfect sense, but by the time I'm out, everything seems muddled. I'll shift to TV/ AV modes for now I think and see how things go.

As to the last one it's not that you missed the focus on the bike, it's that you tried to hand hold your camera at 1/5 of a second. This is near impossible when you're beginning and really hard with experience.

The shutter invariably always goes up to such levels, or even higher when I'm clicking. I'm almost always in low-light conditions, so I guess to adjust the exposure it goes up. I'll try the shutter speed priority mode to see the different permutations and combinations available to me to keep a faster shutter speed.

I agree with Indeedies that the third bird photo is the best. Both the sun and the bird come pretty close to following the rule of thirds and I like how the sun and bird kind of line up to create a diagonal across the photo.

I have a couple of thoughts on improving the composition of the bike photo. First of all, when there are hard vertical lines (fence rails) and horizonal lines (sidewalk), make sure they are straight in the photo (unless you're purposely trying to make a statement). You can see the fence posts look a little crooked - they should be going straight up and down. Also, the sidewalk is tilted a bit, like its going uphill, but I get the impression its not really a hill. Second, I would move the bike to the left or the right a bit. The tree trunk coming out of the middle of the bike is distracting, but if the bike was moved over a little, the trunk and the overhanging leaves might make a cool natural frame for the bike.

Great start! :)

_____

The Snappy Mama

I'll try the same shot tomorrow morning again with the changes. Hopefully the bike'll be there again! :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back