Easter sunset

Thanks so much.

What do you all think of the framing on this? I know the horizon is just about center but I didn't want to lose the ducks or the reeds and I didn't want to crop the sky... I wish the reeds were across the whole bottom of the frame and I may go into Affinity and clone them over if it doesn't get too messy looking. There is a fence there and no way to really get a different angle...

Nice! I think the framing works, I think adding more reeds is a good idea but not necessary, I'd give it a try and see which you like better.

Very excited that this photo, that I took on my first day using the XF10, got "explored" in Flickr!

Very excited that this photo, that I took on my first day using the XF10, got "explored" in Flickr!

I don't know what being explored in Flickr means, but I like the photo. The composition is pleasing to my eye and I would personally leave it as is.

I don't know what being explored in Flickr means, but I like the photo. The composition is pleasing to my eye and I would personally leave it as is.

Thanks!

"Explore is a daily stream (viewed by thousands of people) of the top 500 photos as selected by Flickr's “interestingness” algorithm."

Being in explored is coveted by many Flickr users as it can really increase views and followers. For example, I use Flickr primarily for hosting photos to post on the web and have only 112 followers but the first photo that I had in explore has 7.7k views and this one that I posted on Sunday has almost 3K already. There are many theories on the web about how to get your photo into Explore and some people on Flickr take it very seriously. When I do browse photos on Flickr I typically look first at my feed of everyone that I follow and then I look at the explore feed which is where I found the majority of the people I follow to begin with.

Thanks so much.

What do you all think of the framing on this? I know the horizon is just about center but I didn't want to lose the ducks or the reeds and I didn't want to crop the sky... I wish the reeds were across the whole bottom of the frame and I may go into Affinity and clone them over if it doesn't get too messy looking. There is a fence there and no way to really get a different angle...
It's a great picture but since you ask, maybe if you'd moved the sun to the right and the reeds to the left but regardless, it's still a great pic. Good job!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back