Eastern Bluebirds & Swallows

DLeeT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My "Flowers" post got exactly one reply and zero likes,
so hope my birdie shots do a little better! :???: Lee

Note: No saturation boost, no vibrance boost.
Bluebirds are very brightly colored.

1 $DSC07515a.jpg

"Oh, my aching wing!"
2 $DSC07514a.jpg

"Good bug!" (The females aren't as colorful as the males, but still a very pretty little bird.)
3 $DSC07485a.jpg

The Bluebirds and Swallows were sharing the perch.
4 $DSC07528a.jpg

5 $DSC07530a.jpg

I threw this one in for Raj because I KNOW how he LOVES Geese!
6 $DSC07541a.jpg

Last edited:
Nice shots DLeet. I particulary like the non natural perch, it looks so natural.

I wonder what critter was just eaten in #2 - hmmm? #3 is my favorite. Are you able to get rid of the purple fringing in the catchlights?

Last edited:
Nice shots DLeet. I particulary like the non natural purch, it looks so natural.

I wonder what critter was just eaten in #2 - hmmm? #3 is my favorite. Are you able to get rid of the purple fringing in the catchlights?

I don't really see the fringing. If you are talking about the Goose, you can just see that the catchlight is blue sky and cumulus cloud reflection. But there may be some fringing -- I have always been suspicious of what my monitor is showing me. :sexywink: Lee

Nice shots DLeet. I particulary like the non natural perch, it looks so natural.

I don't really see the fringing. If you are talking about the Goose, you can just see that the catchlight is blue sky and cumulus cloud reflection. But there may be some fringing -- I have always been suspicious of what my monitor is showing me. :sexywink: Lee

Oh in pics 3 & 4 I can see a little purple-ish color in the eyes. In lightroom when I remember, I grab the dropper and remove that.

....maybe it's correct it instead of remove it. Terminology?

Those Bluebirds have such great colours Lee and nice shooting in there. What a beautiful bird !!. Great looking Swallows as well, the sort of lighting I like see to show those colours off so well. Good details in the goose close up as well.

All the best up your way Lee.

Danny.

Oh in pics 3 & 4 I can see a little purple-ish color in the eyes. In lightroom when I remember, I grab the dropper and remove that.

....maybe it's correct it instead of remove it. Terminology?

You have a good eye! ...or I have a lousy monitor. I cannot see the fringing in the posted shots, but I rechecked in PSE and at high zoom I could see a little magenta in #3; I couldn't see any at all in #4. I really suspect my monitor. It's a Dell and the cheapskates didn't even put manual brightness/contrast controls on it! Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to keep an eye on the "eyes" in the future, although with this monitor it will probably need to be fairly pronounced fringing. :sexywink: Lee

Most reactions

New Topics

Back