What's new

Eastern State Penitentiary...

mishele

Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Jun 19, 2009
Messages
13,661
Reaction score
4,898
Location
In your dreams!
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I started a meetup thread about the prison. Just trying to spark some interest!! =) Here are some of the shots I got last time I was there. If you've been there and want to post some of your shots here, feel free! I would love to see them!!
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...355072-eastern-state-penitentiary-meetup.html

11275723243_55e99f1c20_z.jpg


10657928643_7c8910b1d1_z.jpg


10760308904_baa52f0ac5_z.jpg


8001048581_0c5895d88b_z.jpg
 
Fun place... Its best to go early. Tripod and flashlight are good to have.

6274621119_e64e9b09e5_b.jpg


This room is easy to miss.... Its an 8 second exposure:
6295027046_8fb5bb7c0d_b.jpg


6275181780_19c568ebaa_b.jpg


6274599041_742bf24377_b.jpg


6278375669_9fdf8ee9fb_b.jpg


6278314263_c20c5d3440_b.jpg


When you first visit, your eyes tend to switch to landscape mode looking for "scenes". Go ahead and shoot them.. enjoy. After a while, take some time to step back and look at details.... objects.... what at first seemed like a well shot area suddenly opens up to new possibilities.

6275185810_b91b3652ed_b.jpg


6275152840_af27973161_b.jpg


In such a dusty and dirty place, I couldn't help but laugh at the dustpan on the floor. Almost like someone simply gave up trying to keep the place clean.
6278867332_7caa0d062f_b.jpg
 
Last edited:
Nice! MIsh, I like the last one the best.

Usayit, I like the 2nd one the best.

I wish we had places like this in CO. Is it open to public and abandoned? Were you trespassing?
 
Thanks...

Its now a historical landmark and museum. Its actually a very important structure in US history... both architecturally (wagon wheel layout for security), technology (electricity, running water, and sewage), and culturally (silent and solitary penitence morphed to lockup and forget) . It is open to the public. Some larger photography groups are able to schedule a few hours before public access in the morning (and allows tripods). Its nice to avoid the crowds. I went with a local group organized by a local camera shop (which is sadly closed now). Sections are restored and other sections are simply maintained in current state of ruin. Its a huge place and can be a good reason for several visits.
 
hmm...looks....cozy? The double bed shot is awesome.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #8
Anyone else been here?!! Post your shots!! And, thanks for the comments!! The second and last shot are going to be in a Juried Gallery Exhibition starting in May...woot! =)
 
It would be super cool if you put mish in a dominatrix costume and stand in the middle of the hallway.
 
$O5M9012.webp

$O5M9031.webp

$O5M9118.webp



A wedding image I took at this location a few years ago. It is an amazing location for photographs!
 
Last edited:
The Ol' Ball & Chain shot.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom