Easy to use presentation software wanted

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not sure if this is the right part of the forum to ask ...

For an elderly lady who knows a bit about computers from the user side I do need a simple slideshow / presentation software. I mean, she can save her digital images (quite good ones) to external drives, rename files, use text editors, but anything complicated with the computer is out of her reach and she would not be willing to spend weeks to get used to a complicated piece of software with thousands of options she will never need.

She likes to present her images, when it comes to prints she would arrange them tastefully in an album, add some extra illustration and comments. But now over recent years she collected quite an amount of digital images she wants to present via projector or flatscreen, maybe also with some music or sound recordings.

I myself am used to multimedia software such as m.objects or video deluxe or whatever with several sound tracks and images/video tracks and unlimited possibilities to arrange presentations for the big stage. But all this would be far above hear head.

So any suggestion for something simple and robust, which still allows a bit of creativity and gives in terms of technical output quality decent results?

The slideshow software I use, is Proshow Gold. It's capable of some more complicated stuff, but it's also pretty user friendly for basic stuff. Easy to control the transitions, timing, music etc.

thanks everyone, i will look into some of the options mentioned!irfanview today has good slideshow-options? i will check!

What's wrong with the the simplicity of the Windows Photoviewer or Mac's iPhoto?
ordering of the images should be 100% defined by the user, not by date or alphabet.transitions should be smooth and maybe customizable.

For my classes i just use Windows Photoviewer in slide mode with a remote control device. One has to number the images so they are in the order you wish , but other than that it is very straight forward. Of course, I talk and move the slides at the speed necessary for the session with no music, but one can just also use the slide function and they will change automatically

Most reactions

Back