Ecola State Park

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's been a while since I last posted a proper landscape... but here I am, back with a vengeance.

This is the Oregon coast as seen from Ecola State Park, one of the most beautiful places I've visited in a looong time.

Nikon D70s with 18-200VR
f/5 @ 18 mm
1/400s
ISO 200

Colour and B&W for your viewing pleasure :)

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Love the b+w, as above may need more contrast. Great shot though.

Fantastic background...

i prefer the colored version

Could it be running dry in no time out of the left side of my screen???

The B+W needs more contrast.
Love the b+w, as above may need more contrast.
You guys are right. I tried improving the contrast but ended up losing detail in some of the rocks (especially the ones in the foreground). So, although I agree with you, I just can't make it happen :)

Could it be running dry in no time out of the left side of my screen???
Yes it needs rotating about 1 degree to the right
This image drove me nuts in post-processing. At some point I decided that the slight crookedness was actually an optical effect produced by the bays and the wide angle. I might have been wrong, though. I based my decision on the fact that at the top right corner, where you can see the ocean with no background, the horizon is level.

Thanks everybody for your kind comments. Looks like colour is the way to go (especially with my inability to make the B&W version look decent).

Hey,
I don't know if its kosher to edit your work and post it here. But your profile said that your photos are ok to edit, so here goes. I played with contrast a bit using curves in photoshop. I edited from the b&w that you posted here in this thread.

I lowered the threshold for the black values, they now hit full black at about 10 rather than 0. The contrast in the Black is lower than before thus preserving the detail. The contrast in the mid tones is a bit higher but the mid tones themselves are darker. The contrast in the whites is about the same as before. However the the whites are full white at about 250 rather than the 255 of before.

One thing of note. The photos do look a bit less contrasty here in the browser than they do in photoshop. So that is something to keep in mind when looking.

Let me know if you want me to take this down and I will.

3236187446_8c67185878_o.jpg

Last edited:
Please do not take it down. I actually appreciate you taking the time to re-process this. It looks awesome, leaps and bounds better than the one I had posted above. If you don't mind, I'll use your version on my website (let me know if this would be OK).

I personally like the color version best, but both are good. The edited version just above is really good though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back