Ecuadorian Lady

wfduncan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The first one was taken at around 5 or 6 in the morning at an old trainstation in Ecuador converted into a bed and breakfast sort of deal for climbers.

I can always use some feedback.

DSC_3926Medium.jpg

2. This one was at the site of a small landslide which everyone in the surrounding area came to help clear as it blocked the only road to the market.

ecuador143Medium.jpg

Why do all my pictures look "fuzzier" when I post them online? Is that normal?

The first photo looks too dark. I also think you can move a lot closer to the lady. Right now it's too much background which isn't really doing anything. I also see potential in the bold colors. Perhaps you can play with the saturation settings to see what happens.

You may also want to straighten the photo. I don't know if the door frame is tilted in real life or not, but it looks like you didn't hold the camera straight.

Instead of lady in the center of the photo, I would consider framing her on the far left of the photo. 1. It's just a plain wall on the left so too much of it doesn't really tell much of a story. 2. There seems to be a lot more to tell a story on the right. 3. She's leaning against the left, which almost is like getting out of the away for whatever is on the right. I just think it makes more sense to put her on the left of the photo and let the rest of the background support her story.

The second photo, seems that there's too much background and not enough people. I would have lowered the framing.

Do they look fuzzy on your computer when you upload them too? If not, maybe it's just the host site doing funny stuff to it when you upload them to the servers?

Upload the pictures at the size you want them to be posted.
If you upload a huge picture, properly sharpened, when the host server shrinks it to display your sharpening will be lost.

IMO, the obvious vertical in #1 isn't vertical and throws the viewer off. The picture is underexposed so everything looks murky.

This might be a great picture if good PPing techniques are used.

Most reactions

Back