What's new

Ecuadorian Landscapes

thebeginning

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 10, 2005
Messages
3,795
Reaction score
30
Location
Texas
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just a few from a recent trip to Ecuador. I'm not really much of a landscape guy (I live in south Texas, heh), but I really enjoyed making these.

The editing might not fit everyone here's tastes, but I'm mostly fine with that :)


anyway, here goes:


5144-e-smgrunged.jpg


IMG_5790ebw-sm.jpg



IMG_5766e-sm.jpg



TunguraguaSky-grunged-sm.jpg


IMG_5077-Edit-sm.jpg


IMG_5109-Edit-sm.jpg




Thanks for looking everyone!
 
I like em, nice work.

The processing does add interest to them, even if i am curious as to what the originals look like ;)
 
Really like 3 and 5!, very curious to see the original of the last, even thought the edit is very nice as well.

Great work!!
 
Numbers 5 and 6 are really nice. I too wonder what the originals look like.
 
Last edited:
I like the last one the best. I could see that printed up on canvas hanging on the wall.
 
excellent landscape subjects, well composed and interesting editing....looks like a marriage between photography and painting, well done.
 
Thanks for the comments everyone!

I might be able to post up the originals later, we'll see.




And Danny, I actually am printing a few of these on canvas for a project/fundraiser of sorts, so it's good you said that :)
 
Wow. These are amazing. I really like the first one a lot. How did you get these effects? Is there a program you used that does it for you or did you do it yourself?
 
Wow. These are amazing. I really like the first one a lot. How did you get these effects? Is there a program you used that does it for you or did you do it yourself?


thanks, I'm glad someone liked the first one :)


They're simply a few layers in photoshop tweaked around a bit...the scratches and age marks are either from pictures I've taken, pictures i've found (from photographers or artists giving them out), or brushes I've purchased.
 
oh I love them!! love #1 and the ones with the scratches, love them all.
 
I love the last one. Was the volcano actually spewing or is that PP work?
 
I am really captured by the 5th photo. The light filtering through into the background is excellent but more importantly also lighting up the farm house in the foreground with the shadow between them really adding depth to the image. Great composition and i like to think you waited for just the right moment to capture it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom