Edinburgh, my second home

cigrainger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went for a walk with my camera today -- here's some of what caught my eye. Comments and criticism welcome as always. :)

edidoor.jpg

editronsquare.jpg

edibird.jpg

ediwhiskyshop.jpg

ediroyalmile.jpg

5 and a half.
ediface.jpg

edistreet.jpg

edichurch.jpg

edioverlooking.jpg

Good shots. I realize you were trying to get the entire steeple in #6, but not being able to see the street is bugging me...perhaps portrait instead of landscape would have worked better?

Also, I love #1. Very intriguing. What lens were you using?

I agree about #6 entirely actually, it was bugging me too.

Thanks on #1. All these shots were taken with the stock kit lens. I'm saving up right now for the Pentax 10-17mm fisheye, a fast telephoto, and a fast normal prime. I really just started shooting 2 months ago or so, and have only had this camera about 2 weeks. I'm trying to get good enough to justify buying whatever the top level Pentax body is in about a year or so (assuming they improve on the K10D by then), and it will be nice the be able to keep using the same glass.

Hey nice shots, 3, 4, and 6 are my favorite shot. Very interesting subjects.

Hey nice shots, 3, 4, and 6 are my favorite shot. Very interesting subjects.

Thanks. :D Yeah, these are more small things that caught my eye rather than the "classic" edinburgh shots. If you search my name you can find more of those. Thanks again!

I like your pov on 4. and my first reaction to 1. as i scrolled was wow thats a photoshop till I looked closer "nice Image".

I like 1-4. 1 and 2 are my favorite. Like the colors in one and the contrast in two.

Yeah Edinburgh seems like a cool place, its probably in my top ten of places i want to go...

I live in Scotland's main City :) The one "that'smiles" better. yes :) better

However Edinburgh is indeed a more beautiful city. The Castle, the churches, the streets the roayal mile - it is a stunning place.

I don't visit often enough. Here's one from Calton Hill back towards where you shot No8.

Edinburgh-Castle1.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back