[
#1 - I wish you would've shot in front of the baby girl, as it would've conveyed a lot more emotion...but good shot none-the-less...
#2 - I'm glad you said you learned about the Rule of Thirds, as that had the potential to be a beautiful shot
#3 - Good shot! First, I'd say rotate it just a tad in post and get the street behind there to be as straight as you possibly can...it kinda takes a way from the shot, IMHO, having it all crooked like....and something feels off to me about the top of her head...I see that the EXIF data says the flash was fired, so I think that is what messed with her head. If you can duplicate that shot, no flash, maybe just bumping up the exposure time to say, 1/125 (on a sunny day like that), or bumping the F-Stop a little bit, you could get that picture to be perfect
#4 - Feels a bit underexposed to me, but that might just be me. Other than that, excellent shot...
#5 - Ah, the dreaded timestamp. Other than that, great shot!!! Great DOF, love the colors...maybe play around a bit in post with curves and see if you can bring those colors out even more...(or at least photoshop out that timestamp

)
#6 - seems a bit soft to me, but I did have one question for you - do you have a great zoom on your camera, or were u able to actually get really close to the bird like that??
Even though I had the most to say about #3, it's still my favorite....and also, keep in mind, I'm still pretty new, so you can take these comments with a grain of salt, but overall - VERY GOOD!!!! :thumbup::thumbup:[/QUOTE]
1. I was originally in front of her, but sge turned right as I was taking it. Something on the sidewalk caught her attention lol.
2. What could I have changed in this shot to make it better? I cropped it quite a bit to get the thirds lol.
3. I'll try to rotate it, but I don't have photoshop on my computer yet - still just using iPhoto lol. We were standing in the shade, so maybe that's why her head is weird? I can't duplicate that unfortunately, at least not anytime soon. It was taken on a trip to the states and I'm back in Japan. Is there anyway I could try and edit that in photoshop once I get it on my computer? I'm still learning about Fstops etc, so I'm not sure how I would change that.
4. Again, in the shade. It was a rainy day actually, and the sun had just peeked out for a few minutes. I can maybe try to brighten it.
5. I had to check that - my Nikon doesn't have the timestamp, so it confused me. That shot was actually taken with my Canon AS2000 point and shoot. I'm surprised that it came out so well lol. Again, once I get photoshop on here I'll try to edit that out.
6. I was only maybe two yards away from the bird, but also had a great zoom. I think I was using my 55-200VR. The bird was pretty cool about the whole deal. I got about 10 shots, but he was moving so some didnt turn out.
Thanks for the feedback
