Editing Monitor

uplander

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I need to get a nice editing montitor. What are the best deals to be had out there in the after christmas market? I'd like to stay below $500.00.

I was looking at this for starters. HP LP2475W 24in LCD Monitor 1920X1200.

For a nice editing monitor you want an IPS panel. Your choices are really the Dell above, or start spending much more money.

Hmm this is an interesting thread, as I was about to open one up. So I am in the process of upgrading my computer, and I don't know if I wanna get an iMac, or just build a new PC to overclock. One of my concerns is the monitor. I am in LOVE with Apple's new LED LCD's with IPS...however I have a pretty nice 5.1 surround system on my PC, and since I can't use it with the Mac I don't know if I wanna switch. If I do stay with the PC, I wanted to get a nicer LCD than I currently have.

Who here uses an IPS monitor? Or who uses the new type of LED LCD monitors (besides mac)?

Let us know how it works out. :thumbup:

Can it flip to vertical mode like the Dell can?

Thanks everyone. I just ordered a UltraSharp™ 2209WA 22-inch Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor from Dell $282.00 delivered to my door.

Thanks everyone. I just ordered a UltraSharp™ 2209WA 22-inch Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor from Dell $282.00 delivered to my door.

I think you'll like it -- keep us posted. I use my Spyder3 to calibrate it and it works great. They were on sale at some sick price near $200 last year, but $282 for what you get is still, IMHO, a great price.

Hmm this is an interesting thread, as I was about to open one up. So I am in the process of upgrading my computer, and I don't know if I wanna get an iMac, or just build a new PC to overclock. One of my concerns is the monitor. I am in LOVE with Apple's new LED LCD's with IPS...however I have a pretty nice 5.1 surround system on my PC, and since I can't use it with the Mac I don't know if I wanna switch. If I do stay with the PC, I wanted to get a nicer LCD than I currently have.

Who here uses an IPS monitor? Or who uses the new type of LED LCD monitors (besides mac)?

Apple has beautiful IPS panels. The Dell was the most affordable IPS I could find. It is a beautiful monitor, IMHO.

NO!

TN film panel. It is no better than a cheap laptop. LED as a technology only defines the backlight and has nothing to do with the quality of image a screen will produce. I would pick a 5 year old IPS panel with a standard hot backlight over a shiny new LED TN film panel any day. Common TN panels can't even display 8bit colour.

I have an IPS screen and I have never looked back, and I will never look back. It is money that is well spent. Unlike computers themselves, screens don't get slow, they should easily out last several of your computer upgrades if you take care of them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back