Editing programs under $200?

STMel03

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a D300 and would like to buy an editing program that I can do some of the basics with. I would love to have CS4 but I have no idea what I am doing in photoshop... I have tried Capture NX2 and Apple Aperature 2..both have some things I like..and some things I don't like.. Anything else I should try?? or what do you think about those 2 programs?

Try Photoshop Elements, a super-barebones version of Photoshop. It sells for $140 from Adobe, so you should be able to find it cheaper elsewhere. You can upgrade to CS4 later on.

EDIT: http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopelwin/

EDIT 2: The actual price from Adobe is $100. The price listed on the page linked above includes a Photoshop.com Plus Membership, which is why it's more expensive.

Last edited:
I would assume that elements handles RAW files just as well as the other two I listed? Do they have a trail version of it(guess I could look)...

thanks for your input!

Yes, give Elements a try, it does most of what the full Photoshop can do.

Most Adobe products have a trial version, so check out Adobe.com

ok...I going give elements a trail run...how different is elements vs the Lightroom 2? I'm willing to spend a little extra money if it is a far superior program..

another question I have..I'd like to get a noiseware program.. should I get something that will work as a plug-in in an editing program? or should I get a stand alone version?? I am such a newbie when it comes to editing!!

another question I have..I'd like to get a noiseware program.. should I get something that will work as a plug-in in an editing program? or should I get a stand alone version?? I am such a newbie when it comes to editing!!

Noiseware Professional is quite good. Both the standalone and plug-in versions are included for one price.

skieur

Most reactions

New Topics

Back