Editing software

cfaulds

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im a novice with editing. I understand the basics but i could never use something as advanced as photoshop.

At the moment ive got:

Canons Digitial Photo Professional
Adobe Lightroom 2
Adobe Elements 8

- all for free :)

I was wondering which one you use/prefer and why? You may use something completely different in which case please tell me it and why you choose to use it!

Please keep it related to simple but advanced editing software - I know that makes no sense but you know what i mean. Its easy to use, but can be powerful and be very good to edit your images.

Thanks,
Callum

Lightroom and Elements are all you will ever need.
Lightroom is so easy, and an amazing tool for doing lots of photos as once.

If I had to suggest learning only one for normal use I would say learn Elements.

I use CS2 because I know photoshop. I've never used Lighroom 2, so I would say Elements 8....just because I know it.

If your doing nature stuff, like I do, learning software like Photoshop is almost a requirement.

Im a novice with editing. I understand the basics but i could never use something as advanced as photoshop.

At the moment ive got:

Canons Digitial Photo Professional
Adobe Lightroom 2
Adobe Elements 8

- all for free :)

I was wondering which one you use/prefer and why? You may use something completely different in which case please tell me it and why you choose to use it!

Please keep it related to simple but advanced editing software - I know that makes no sense but you know what i mean. Its easy to use, but can be powerful and be very good to edit your images.

Thanks,
Callum

I'm not accusing you of pirating software, but if you did, I'd keep my mouth shut about it if I were you.

If you really want powerful free software, I'd suggest Gimp and Irfanviewer. Iview is free, quick and powerful. Gimp is free and does just about everything photoshop does. Without the worry of getting busted with pirated software. ;)

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back