Edits by me

ceeboy14

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My desktop has gotten to ocluttered with edited images that I pulled directly from the computer instead of from flickr..not sure why I went that route, but I did. If there is an image you want to save, good idea to do it soon as I am about to clear those files out. Most posts affected are long since gone to the back pages, I think...

Sorry for the pull but it's taking too long to boot through all the ... ah..stuff.

I'm posting this on all the threads I've used.

I'm a little confused CB. All of my images on here are directly from my PC. Are you saying if I delete them from my PC, the will be deleted on TPF?

I'm a little confused CB. All of my images on here are directly from my PC. Are you saying if I delete them from my PC, the will be deleted on TPF?

I don't think they will be deleted from TPF. I'm sure I've rearranged my photo directories, photos still appear fine. I imagine the photos will be hosted online somewhere and then linked to there. Not to our individual computers.

errr... I think ceeboy has lost his mind.

It is possible I have gone BSC - Bat-S**t-Crazy but on other forums in the past, if it ws linked directly to your home computer and deleted, the link was broken...we'll see tomorrow when I dump a few.

I don't know how it could be linked to your home computer... that just wouldn't work. The world of the internets should never have access to your home pc like that... and then if your home pc was off, then they couldn't see your images.

That's what I thought, but would definitely want to know if this was wrong.

I just whacked one by rick58 of onions...go have a look and see if it is there or gone.

It is possible I have gone BSC - Bat-S**t-Crazy but on other forums in the past, if it ws linked directly to your home computer and deleted, the link was broken...we'll see tomorrow when I dump a few.

LOL.

I don't know how it could be linked to your home computer... that just wouldn't work. The world of the internets should never have access to your home pc like that... and then if your home pc was off, then they couldn't see your images.

Correct it does not work that way. The images are copied to a server that is always accessible aka never turned off or disconnected from the Internet.

In addition to the computer not powered off any image posted from a laptop would require the laptop to be open and connected at all times. In addition you can upload images from phone and ipad apps.

Ceeboy I think you are confusing images posted on other websites and then linked to here. People link to Flickr all the time here, now if they removed the image from Flickr then yes it would no longer show in the forum here.

Me too plz help us someone :hail:

I'd say relax. Ceeboy is confused. I would have just outright said he was wrong before but, frankly, the lack of his understanding took me off guard.

Unless his "desktop" is somehow linked to an online repository accessible via http... Which is possible but takes enough knowledge to setup that he would need to understand the impact of his actions.

I see that now...and it is good because I dumped the whole folder this morning.

Correct it does not work that way. The images are copied to a server that is always accessible aka never turned off or disconnected from the Internet.

I know I'm relieved. I was worried that if Ceeboy forgot about any of us we would disappear.

Most reactions

Back