Egg Study 3: Portrait of a Sad Egg

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was setting up for another shot with a cracked egg and while gathering the bits and pieces I found a couple frames so brought them along, the other shot still needs some work so I played with the frames and shadows trying to bring the egg to life somehow, I had the frame and egg set up and started turning the whole thing to see what the shadows would do and I found this sad little fellow... awwww.

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!

Portrait of a Sad Egg

Too many shadows, Pix. I would go for darker BG for the egg.

Nice! Especially the squared eyes. Like firmly closed. Very nice!

I find the tiny bit of shadow creeping onto on the matte on the bottom to be extraordinarily distracting. Similarly the wobbliness of the top shadow.

$eggB.jpg

Huh. I suspect that you, and others, are "seeing" something here that I'm simply missing. I see nothing "sad egg" about this. I just see an egg, a photo frame, and some relatively harsh shadows. As already mentioned, the wavy shadow on the top of the mat, and the little semicircle shadow on the bottom of it are kind of distracting to me.
But mostly, I just don't get this one at all. And that's kinda ticking me off. :D

I'm with Gav on this one. That and the couple of dark spots on the matte. Otherwise I really like it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back