Egret not quite BIF

MitchP

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
DSC_9920dxo_1200px_3.jpg

Last edited:
A good action pose- sadly you missed the focus a little :)

Les

A good action pose- sadly you missed the focus a little :)

Les
Thanks, Les. AF grabbed the far wing and somewhat the head. The close wing is definitely OOF. Darned depth of field! Egrets are supposed to be fuzzy and dreamlike anyway, right?

Thanks, Les. AF grabbed the far wing and somewhat the head. The close wing is definitely OOF. Darned depth of field! Egrets are supposed to be fuzzy and dreamlike anyway, right?
I guess so Mitch - you mean like this one of mine??? 600mm @ f4 not a lot of DOF at f4 :)

xIGC6oQ.jpg

Les

I guess so Mitch - you mean like this one of mine??? 600mm @ f4 not a lot of DOF at f4 :)

xIGC6oQ.jpg

Les
Beautiful! I was about 6 feet away from mine and just started clicking. I had my long lens so I was just trying to keep it in frame! Mine is a little "deeper" with raised wings too ;)

Last edited:
What'd ya do, where an Egret suit? I'd love to get within ten feet of one...
The Egrets at my local spot are as common as crows lol. When there's nothing else going on I settle for Egrets ;) This particular one was in those green swampy plants in the pic, about 6 feet from the paved path on the way in. She was ignoring everything until I took a little bit too much interest. Then she decided it wasn't such a good spot after all.

Beautiful! I was about 6 feet away from mine and just started clicking. I had my long lens so I was just trying to keep it in frame! Mine is a little "deeper" with raised wings too ;)
Thank you Mitch I used my 600mm f4 lens for that shot :) around 50 feet away

Most reactions

Back