TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Last edited:
Great shots, greasy or not... I like #3; the way the sun shines through the wings.

Great shots, greasy or not... I like #3; the way the sun shines through the wings.
Thank you! #3 is my favorite for that reason. It actually had the same spot as the others, but I managed to edit it out, because I actually noticed it during processing. I was so focused on the birds in the other ones that I didn't notice until after I posted them.

Lovely set- although your sensor appears to need a clean :)

Les

Lovely set- although your sensor appears to need a clean :)

Les
Thank you! I think I had pollen on the UV filter. I was tromping waste deep through field and flower. I had the pollen all over my pants. Looked like a slob having a hard time with the mustard. :D

love them!!

You're cheating! ..... you're using greasy French fries to attract your birds. (joking)

I get those same spots occasionally, no biggie. Nice set and shooting. My favorites are #3 and 4.

love them!!
Thank you!
You're cheating! ..... you're using greasy French fries to attract your birds. (joking)

I get those same spots occasionally, no biggie. Nice set and shooting. My favorites are #3 and 4.
Thank you! I need to make sure I take a duster with me when I'm walking through flower fields.

nice set! watch your exposure, the whites are a little hot on top of the birds. love the third one, great exposure and pose.

nice set! watch your exposure, the whites are a little hot on top of the birds. love the third one, great exposure and pose.
Thank you! Yep, was shooting from the hip, the Cattle Egrets popped up over the trees, and I just had to get the shot. Working on finding a way to control the WB in the camera, but will probably have to figure it out in PS so that they don't glow so much.

Thank you! Yep, was shooting from the hip, the Cattle Egrets popped up over the trees, and I just had to get the shot. Working on finding a way to control the WB in the camera, but will probably have to figure it out in PS so that they don't glow so much.
unfortunately, if they're overexposed in camera and there's no detail in that area, there's not much you can do. darkening it in photoshop just makes it move obvious.

do you have auto iso on your camera? i've found i can adjust the exposure quickly without adjusting my shutter speed or aperture using auto iso and the ev dial.

unfortunately, if they're overexposed in camera and there's no detail in that area, there's not much you can do. darkening it in photoshop just makes it move obvious.

do you have auto iso on your camera? i've found i can adjust the exposure quickly without adjusting my shutter speed or aperture using auto iso and the ev dial.
Unfortunately, my 2000D is awkward in that area. I can set the expo. comp/AEB, but it forgets the settings when I turn the camera off, which I do between shots to conserve battery life. The 2000D is being replaced by a refurbished 90D at the end of this week, so I'll see if the settings and controls are any better. I am going to switch from manual mode to Av with auto ISO, and maybe that will make difference. Not sure.

Unfortunately, my 2000D is awkward in that area. I can set the expo. comp/AEB, but it forgets the settings when I turn the camera off, which I do between shots to conserve battery life. The 2000D is being replaced by a refurbished 90D at the end of this week, so I'll see if the settings and controls are any better. I am going to switch from manual mode to Av with auto ISO, and maybe that will make difference. Not sure.
shoot manual with auto iso. if you shoot av the camera will pick the shutter speed and it might not freeze the wildlife if it's moving. i usually pick a shutter speed of 1/2000-1/3200 and f/6.3-8 and leave it for the day.

shoot manual with auto iso. if you shoot av the camera will pick the shutter speed and it might not freeze the wildlife if it's moving. i usually pick a shutter speed of 1/2000-1/3200 and f/6.3-8 and leave it for the day.
That's what I've been doing for the most part, but at 1250 or 1600 with f8 and auto ISO in most cases. A higher speed might help with the exposure. Looking forward to the 90D with it's 10 frames per second; I'll be able to take poor quality photos faster... :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back