EIEIO

craig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
craigblank.com
Shot this one over the weekend at the 28th annual Eastern Idaho Early Iron Organization rod run. Personally I am a Jeep lover. That is definitely a whole other story.

Most of the shots were pretty standard. Generally because the iron was parked on the lawn of a hotel. There may be a way to talk the owners into a real photo shoot. Maybe next time.

I am a little fascinated with this frame. Of course let me know.

1740Hudson.jpg

wow, i can see why!! vibrant colours, beautiful abstract forms, but i love the lighting on the green hills in the background, that gives it a bit of a surreal kick!

very different, very cool 8)

Many thanks Mark! The frame was shot around 5 pm. The sun sets past 8 pm. In my dream session with one of these cars I would include an 8 foot by 10 foot reflector.

I appreciate the comments!!! I showed up late. The lawn was only about half full. Luckily there was hardly anyone around including the owners. I have to say that it was a nice diversion from the "industrial" kick that I have been on.

craig said:
I appreciate the comments!!! I showed up late. The lawn was only about half full. Luckily there was hardly anyone around including the owners. I have to say that it was a nice diversion from the "industrial" kick that I have been on.

yeppers, i really enjoyed this shot. If you have any 'industrial pics' please share them. I am going to try an take some the next couple of weeks, i can always use new idea ;)

I have got a million "industrial" photos. I find it to be a fascinating subject. Between you and me, people who see my industrial shots are generally bored. Look at the work of american painter Charles Scheeler. Can not wait to see your take on the subject!

Shot this one last saturday. Not much, but it seems to be the direction I am heading in.

1740TractorCloud.jpg

that first one is a sweet shot... would be great on the cover of a car mag or something. Very nice composition.

Thanks karissa! (horizontals are tough for mag covers). The frame was cropped a little on the bottom. I think I lucked out. This was the only shot of this car. If the lens was a higher or lower the shot may have been blown.

Most reactions

Back