Elements question

ceemac

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When you re-edit a photo, is there a way of showing the original adjustment layers before they were combined? I'm using elements2018.
Thanks

Not once they're combined. You can save a PSD version of the file that contains the un-flattened layers but that has limited use. If you flatten layers and save a JPEG then there's no going back. That's why we call it destructive editing.

Joe

Thanks, Joe. I thought that would be the answer, but I had to ask.

Can't you save each as you go? Seems like I've done that, but maybe not with layers. I've done one step such as brightening, save it, then if I need to do another adjustment, do that and save it. But I don't do that much editing to think offhand if I've done that with layers...

I save first as a PSD then when I'm done doing any editing, save a copy as a JPEG. I always do edits as copies; I save my original Raw image and the original JPEG generated (my camera is DNG so produces both).

Even as a psd, therre doesn't appear to be a way to un flatten the layers. Not a big deal. I was just curious. I did a poor job of cloning and I thought it would be nice if I could just tweak it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back