Elinchrom BXRI portable power source recommendation?

clockwurk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Can anyone suggest a decent portable power source for the Elinchrom BXRI ? I was thinking maybe the Vagabond Mini or Vagabond II, but I've never used these before and I don't know if they are reliable. I would like to keep the cost below 500 if possible.

Thx!

Err... anyone?

BXRi is guaranteed to work with the Tronix Explorer XT SE not the XT. Here is a compatibility chart from the manufacturer's website. Or you can check reviews about the product when used with the BXRi.

The BXRi lights are bi-voltage and don't play as well with battery packs as analog non power switching strobes. Fortunately Innovatronix is working on making their products as compatible with these types of lights as possible. I have a Tronix Explorer XT SE and it's been awesome so far.

I get 500-800 shots or so out of this sine wave gig with my Elinchron 500, its light and it works oh so well: Paul C. Buff - Vagabond Portable Power

I
was temtped to purchase a spare battery for it, so far no need whatsoever.

I get 500-800 shots or so out of this sine wave gig with my Elinchron 500, its light and it works oh so well: Paul C. Buff - Vagabond Portable Power

I
was temtped to purchase a spare battery for it, so far no need whatsoever.

But, IIRC, your light is a single voltage light. Some bi-voltage lights will work with batteries not optimized to work with bi-voltage lights, some will act flaky, and some will flat out not work.

Agree, Explorer XT SE and the newer models will definitely work as these packs are designed for bi-voltage monolights. Flash heads that will guarantee to work with these packs are clearly indicated on the manufacturer's website. If you are having powerful bi-voltage lights or planning to have one, investing on Explorer portable batteries is worth it.

Agree! I have bought Tronix Explorer 800w and I really love it!
Perfect combination with my Elinchrom BRX 500.

zombie_thread.jpg

And 5 1/2 years later there are better alternatives and one less kitten in the world.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back