Elizabeth St. Tank Yard

Great leading lines in this one. The sky certainly cooperated here!

G'day cgw

I am enjoying this image - great sky & leading lines (as others above already mentioned).

A question if I may ... I am looking to compare the rolling stock with Aussie stuff - I can see what appears to be both liquid rail-wagons and solid-goods wagons. With the solid goods (grains / coal / ores of one sort or another, what sort of weights are carried in each wagon?

Phil

G'day cgw

I am enjoying this image - great sky & leading lines (as others above already mentioned).

A question if I may ... I am looking to compare the rolling stock with Aussie stuff - I can see what appears to be both liquid rail-wagons and solid-goods wagons. With the solid goods (grains / coal / ores of one sort or another, what sort of weights are carried in each wagon?

Phil
Dunno. Shot thru a substantial chain link fence between me and the rolling stock.

G'day cgw

Yep! - we've all done that on many occasions
Aussie coal trains usually have 75 tonnes of coal per wagon x 80 to 100 wagons per haulage (on dedicated rail tracks) and they run trains every 10-15 minutes into the coal export ports, thus carting / exporting 250-300 million tonnes of coal out to the world annually ... and it all goes up in smoke !

Phil

Most reactions

Back