Elk

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
500-elk5799.jpg

aaargh! that's close!

I kept having these images of a gored matador getting flung across the arena going through my head.

I snapped this a few years ago at Tusayan, south of the Grand Canyon. I got up right after the sun came up, stepped out side the room and there were about 8-9 of these things out in back of the motel. I woke up my grand-daughter and we followed them around for about 1/2 an hour taking turns taking pictures.

Hope you liked it.

This is not your usual photography!
Very green, very close-up.
Very NICE!

This is not your usual photography!
Very green, very close-up.
Very NICE!

Thank you LaFoto.

I like it when I get a good shot like this with sentimental value to me. I've been going through my Grand Canyon shots for my print gallery and ran across it. Now that my grand daughter is getting older (17), the emotion I feel seeing this shot has been greatly amplified. What a wonderful time my wife, myself and her had that summer.

On my trip to Utah last month, I had the opportunity to eat elk for dinner. Something called 'elk medallions and mushrooms.' I beg the Lord to please forgive me if 'medallions' are what I think they are.

The Cocino National Forest(?) at the top of, and south of the Grand Canyon is beautifully rich and wooded. If the next phase of my life goes the way I'm hoping it will, I'll get to spend some time in this gorgeous part of creation.

Maybe, if I'm crazy enough, I'll get drunk and try to ride one of these bad boys.

OMG now that is a scary beast. I would have been terrified to take that, especially given the size of those things on its head, somehow if an animal has something like that you get the feeling it knows how to use them. The complement between the green and the curve of the antler works very well and the highlights are just right in the eye. Thanks for posting it, quite something to see.

tim

OMG now that is a scary beast. I would have been terrified to take that, especially given the size of those things on its head, somehow if an animal has something like that you get the feeling it knows how to use them. The complement between the green and the curve of the antler works very well and the highlights are just right in the eye. Thanks for posting it, quite something to see.

tim

Thanks Tim. I was surprised how close I got. Just moved slow and stayed wary. They never once startled. It was quite an experience.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back