Emba

JohnMF

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Took these a few months ago and have only just got around to developing them.

270510-03b.jpg

270510-02b.jpg

Did you use a polarizing filter on these? If you did you need to crank it over just a little more, if you didn't you should have IMHO. I just love shooting old boats. Lots of untold stories in them.

lovely film shots john, i like the composition of the first :thumbup:

edit: btw what did you shoot them with? (camera body / film)

Nice! I love shots of old boats too, with their peeling paint and wood grain

thanks for the comments.

desert dave: I never used one. What sort of difference would it have made to these shots? I've always meant to by one but never gotten around to it.

Arch: I used a Hasselblad 500cm, 80mm with Kodak Portra 160vc (prob not ideal for landscape stuff.) Still getting used to scanning and processing my colour film, can't get it quite right yet. Prefer black and white.

Anty: yeah, me too. Don't think i really done them justice here though. Wish a had some nice grainy black and white loaded at the time.

Im having trouble with scanning colour film too atm.
I have recently bought a few MF TLRs, i can kind of get b+w to look ok for web etc just by using a scanning technique on my flatbed and/or shooting the negs on a light box with my digital.
But, i did a colour film 2 days ago using the same methods... and the results arn't good so far!

Im having trouble with scanning colour film too atm.
I have recently bought a few MF TLRs, i can kind of get b+w to look ok for web etc just by using a scanning technique on my flatbed and/or shooting the negs on a light box with my digital.
But, i did a colour film 2 days ago using the same methods... and the results arn't good so far!

nice. I like the TLR's, Lovely looking cameras.

I'm quite happy with my blackand white scans. I'm using Silverfast software which came with the scanner and it's got a few preset 'film brand modes', but they aren't very good at all. Horrible colour casts on everything. Just going to have to keep messing around with it until i find something which works.

nice. I like the TLR's, Lovely looking cameras.

I'm quite happy with my blackand white scans. I'm using Silverfast software which came with the scanner and it's got a few preset 'film brand modes', but they aren't very good at all. Horrible colour casts on everything. Just going to have to keep messing around with it until i find something which works.

Aye, i have 4 rollie's, a few other randoms and my new love... a Yashica 124G. I love the look of them too so if they dont work too well they still make good ornaments :lol:

So do you have a MF scanner?, if so which one?
im thinking of getting one but they all seem a bit pricey.

thanks muskakogirl.

yes, i've got a 8800f canonscan, it's a flat bed. It's fairly cheap, and I've seen people get really excellent results of it. I recommend it for a good mid to lower price range neg scanner.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back