Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sometimes the end of the road, isn't.
C&C welcome.

Attachments

• $IMG_3725 edited.jpg
    $IMG_3725 edited.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 78
Interesting shot. Black & White photography is to showcase an image that can stand alone without any color. I am sorry to say, this is not a good BW image. There is no white in the image, other than maybe the stripes in the barricade, and it is not white in this image. You do have nice leading lines to the steps, but the steps really have no interesting points of interest. The steps are dark. One thing to remember, the human eye is attracted to light, so it wants to go to the lighter points in an image (the barricade and piece of trash on the ground). Try to avoid overhead power lines, they trend to kill the sky.

If you were trying to showcase the barricade, I would have moved to the right and shot the barricade straight on, filling the frame with the barricade. If you were trying to showcase the steps, i would have stood at the end of the path going to the steps. Other than leading lines, the barricade does not help the steps.

If you were trying to showcase the "end of the road" (as the title says), I would have backed up and shown more street, having the street as leading lines to the steps and barricade. It just looks like a part of a parking lot here.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back