English Setters on point!

uplander

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Besides photography, I have a passion for breeding English Setters, field trialing and training pointing bird dogs. They give me such delight, the amazing athletes they are. So over time I will probably bore you with pics of dogs doing what I think is visual poetry.
here's a collection of our dogs doing what they do best.

Max ....I just love his intensity
sundaymarch11016.jpg

RJ on point with Toni honoring his point
FieldTraining018.jpg

Toni ...she nailed this quail:D
FieldTraining108.jpg

But watching them run is what relly makes me smile
FieldTraining009.jpg

FieldTraining042.jpg

sundaymarch4018.jpg

Having been brought up with English Setters I notice that the shape varies your side of the pond - Max is the nearest to our English setters. Now have my son's irish setter to stay - well trained so can control over the fields by whistle and hand signals so a pleasure to take out.

Max, and the one in the lead in the last photo look more like the English Setters I've seen around here too, in the Southeast US.
They are pretty dogs!

I love the last one - bounding through snow, such a beautiful shot! It's a shame their heads interfere with the woody background, but I absolutely love the expressions on their faces :)

C.

They are field trial bred setters (FDSB) and not the show type (AKC). we clip their feathers and coats becuase they are in the field so much. These dogs are bred for endurance and hunting ability. They have very atheletic bodies and grace as opposed to tall gangly bench dogs.

Panning is a challenge on these dogs as they are very fast and turn on a dime . The pic above I like it because it conveys the speed of the dog in the pic. but I do wish his face was a bit sharper.

What an enjoyable thread, to see these beautiful dogs enjoying their work so much. I especially like the first one (of the intense Max) and the last one (of the two 'smiling' dogs cavorting in the snow).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back