~ HIGH OCTANE ~

Irishwhistler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
DSC05811_Fotor.jpg

~ High Octane ~ Gun dog trainee HR CHURN CREEK'S EL DIABLO NUTMEG STATE REVOLUTION JH, call name "REV" is seen waiting work marked retrieves from a dog hunting blind. REV is out of an American field trial Labrador Retriever breeding and he can best be described as "high octane". Extremely fast, stylish, intense in focus, and highly athletic, REV does not do much of anything slowly. The acceleration achieved as he leaves this blind when sent on a retrieve is similar to that of a cheetah launching to make a kill.

DSC05826_Fotor.jpg

~ Walking On Water ~ Sent to make a land - water - land retrieve during a recent training session , REV seemingly walked on water as he blasted across a small training pond to make retrieve of a training bumper on the opposite shore. REV demonstrated high intensity as a young pup and has shown zero tendency to slow down since those earlier days. REV is truly a wonderful working dog to watch in action.

DSC05814_Fotor.jpg

~ On Return ~ REV is seen making return of the training bumper he was sent to retrieve. REV's lines to and from a retrieve are performed with the straightness of a laser beam, a hallmark of retriever efficiency. I can almost swear I hear the Doppler effect as he performs his work. Adding actual birds to the mix only intensifies his highly focused work ethic.

Upon return to his owner's left side, REV will sit and wait to make classic presentation with delivery to hand upon issue of the command "GIVE".

Currently holding multiple titles under both the HRC along with an AKC Junior Hunter title, REV needs one additional qualifying score to earn an AKC Senior Hunter Title. REV will continue being campaigned toward an HRC Hunting Retriever Champion Title and an AKC Master Hunter Title.
When not competing, REV serves double duty as a wonderful family companion dog and as a highly trained gun dog that is worked on both waterfowl and upland birds. REV'S owner is a law enforcement officer and during his last post, served as the training coordinator for the K9 program for his Police Department.

I have served as the primary trainer for REV since he was seven months old. REV is a true joy to work with.

Cheers,
THE DOG WHISTLER ☘️

Love the pics. Love the dog hide,

Thank ye Mate. The dog hide is very well constructed, highly portable, and provides concealment when hunting from stationary positions over decoys. Geese and ducks will fly multiple times over decoys whilst looking for any signs of potential danger / threat, before they decide to commit and fly into gun range over the decoys. A less than well concealed or moving dog will flare birds quickly. The dogs I train learn to hunt from such blinds or "hides" as part of their gun dog training. Essentially, it is an extension of crate training and I use the same verbal command for both, that being "KENNEL". When issued that command, my gun dog trainees will immediately head for and enter a dog crate or dog blind / hide and remain there until given a release command.

Mike ☘️

Nice set. Awesome sounding dog. The way you describe him he sounds real fast, like an Olympian compared to other dogs or better yet, a muscle car from the 70's.

If he were a car he'd be ....

pantera '72.jpeg

Nice set. Awesome sounding dog. The way you describe him he sounds real fast, like an Olympian compared to other dogs or better yet, a muscle car from the 70's.

If he were a car he'd be ....

View attachment 190765

Kirk,
I often refer to him as the black torpedo.

Mike ☘️

Most reactions

New Topics

Back