Enter at your own Risk

That is a gorgeous door! Nice find :)
I don't see the title fitting it yet. It looks too "sunny " but I think it might still be in the picture. Perhaps some more contrast to really bring the shadows out.
I think if a reshoot is possible it has great potential for a night shoot, that would fit your title even better ;)

That is a gorgeous door! Nice find :)
I don't see the title fitting it yet. It looks too "sunny " but I think it might still be in the picture. Perhaps some more contrast to really bring the shadows out.
I think if a reshoot is possible it has great potential for a night shoot, that would fit your title even better ;)

Thanks.

Lol, I was torn between this title and "Red Door" :lol:. I can see what you're saying. What would be a more suitable title?

RM, i too had the same feeling regarding the title; but now a days i have a feeling that you are sensitive to comments (not because of what you said, but because what you did not tell) ;)

Nice. I agree it's a little too bright. If you darken the mid-tones that will bring out the richness of the color and make it more dramatic.

RM, i too had the same feeling regarding the title; but now a days i have a feeling that you are sensitive to comments (not because of what you said, but because what you did not tell) ;)

No not at all! I always look forward to comments from you :) :thumbup:

Rotanimod said:
Thanks.

Lol, I was torn between this title and "Red Door" :lol:. I can see what you're saying. What would be a more suitable title?

I wouldn't change the title I'd tweak the image ;)

Yeah, like that. I might even go just a little bit further and also take something off the highlights around the edges.

KenC said:
Yeah, like that. I might even go just a little bit further and also take something off the highlights around the edges.

Agree. The white on the left especially draws my eye.

What about a high contrast night shot in B&W? Ooooooo.......:pimp:

Thanks all for the constructive comments!

Came up with this crop to reduce the distraction of the white brick and pushed the contrast further:

Crop by Rotanimod, on Flickr

However, I think I like this edit the best. Although it loses the color, it really captures the mood and what I was going for with the title:

Enter at own risk v3a by Rotanimod, on Flickr

What do you think?

Nice! Aren`t you glad you didn`t change the title now? ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back