EOS D60 Operation :::

Morganeyes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi Guys, hope this is in the correct string. Just inherited a very nice old D60 and never had a dig slr before so trying to get it figured out. First question, how do I set up the monitor to compose my shots? Right now it's dark.. any help appreciated..

You can't use the screen to compose. You'll have to use the viewfinder

Ok thanks.. seems that the newer slr dig's do let you use the LCD mon... I could be wrong on that

The D60 can only show the image on the 1.8" rear LCD after you have released the shutter (no live view).
To late to compose the shot. Which is why composing in the viewfinder was recommended.

Just bear in mind the the viewfinder only shows you about 95% of the frame the image sensor will record.

The D60 can only show the image on the 1.8" rear LCD after you have released the shutter (no live view).
To late to compose the shot. Which is why composing in the viewfinder was recommended.

Just bear in mind the the viewfinder only shows you about 95% of the frame the image sensor will record.
OK that makes sense then... thanks much for the response

. . . or the Nikon D60?

No but there are no end of problems on that note. The early Canon EOS mods were alpha numeric first as in "D60"and then they switched it. Try searching for a data cord for the D60 and you'll get a page of 60D info...

Yes, it does exist

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks - I didn't know that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back