EOS Utility

chris_arnet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Allright, basically, i wiped my hardrive clean, and now i cant find my copy of EOS Utility for my 20D. I have a copy for my 10D, but i can't use it for the 20. I tried Canons website and only got updates that required the disk. Anyone know where i can find a place to download it? My memory cards are filling up fast.

I just use a card reader to download, tried the Canon software the day i got my first dSLR and uninstalled it 3 minutes later, couldn't stand their software

Use memory card
Use Photoshop Camera raw to work the raw images (assuming you have photoshop)
There are other "raw" processing software out there that is compatible with your camera.

i dont care if i like their software or not, i need to get pics off my camera, and im pretty much broke so i couldn't get a card reader.

Sorry can't help with the software, but just so you know, card readers are only like £5 here, so i'm guessing like $5-10 where you are. Check eBay as well.

Cheers

I know that back before I used a card reader, Adobe photo album (which I think came free on my Dell) would just start pulling files off of the Rebel XT as soon as I hooked it up. I haven't tried it with the 20D for one, and for 2, I still use a card reader (well, the one built into my EPSON all in 1 scanner, printer, fax thingy)

screw it, i went out and bought a cheap reader. thanks anyways guys.

They probably ended up doing you a favor, Chris. Removing the pics by connecting your camera to the computer adds the risk of what happens to your camera if a tiny surge of power goes up from the computer to your camera... instant fried camera.

For the price of a reader, you remove this small danger completely.

I'd NEVER connect my camera to the computer. Never have, never will.

Just a tip....You don't need a card reader or the software, only the cable to connect your camera to your computer. Hook it up and find your camera with whatever browser you're using. Open it up and you should be able to access your photos from there. Then it's just a matter of copy and paste to whatever folder you keep your pictures in.

Like someone else said, the only real risk is a power surge.

to be honest i can't wait to get myself a card reader...i dont like the canon software at all, i only like the canon photostitch program for panoramic images...EOS Utility is also soo slow on my comp.

although i do like the fact that the canon software puts it into folders according to date

Most reactions

New Topics

Back