eos550d

mountains

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi new to this forum had a look around seems interesting. i have just bought a Canon 550d. I have downloaded the solutions cd it has loaded o.k the problem i have is its showing in all programmes but when i click on any item nothing happens, I have tried various ways to open the files to no avail I am using vista any ideas. I have downloaded drivers from canon website still the same. I have downloaded some photos into picassa no problem. hanks, Kevin

First of all, to use your camera with the PC you don't need the solutions disc. You can either take out the fash card and use your card reader, or if you prefer it that way, you can connect your camera with the usb cable. Flash card method is preferred.

If you shoot RAW, you will need Digital Photo Professional app that can be downloaded from Canon's support site, it will allow you to convert those RAWs into JPEGS, but if you shoot JPEGs, you can just import them from flash without any discs.

Vista???!!! I wouldn't speculate on anything that happens in Vista. I had it one computer a few years ago and it was freezing up so often I wiped the disk and replaced it with XP. Are you sure the Canon software you got is compatible with this OS? If not, as sovietdoc said you could download DPP from Canon. It works well and is worth having.

Vista???!!! I wouldn't speculate on anything that happens in Vista. I had it one computer a few years ago and it was freezing up so often I wiped the disk and replaced it with XP. Are you sure the Canon software you got is compatible with this OS? If not, as sovietdoc said you could download DPP from Canon. It works well and is worth having.
Thanks for the replies I had another go this morning and found that by downloading as American its o.k the only feature i cant access is sample music but I can live with that. off to Aberdare Park motorcycle races today so it will get a good work out.

thanks raha I tried that still no good, as stated above after using the U.S download it worked even though the camera was bought in the U.k Im using vista.

Thanks Hukim tried that it didnt work I have e mailed Canon see if they can advise

Most reactions

Back