Epic Train Trip - 6500 miles - 7 days - Fall 2016

Train travel is enjoyable if you're looking for enjoyment. Like anything else, if you're looking for something to complain about you can easily find it.
I would love to take the train that runs from one side of Canada to the other.
Can still remember many years ago taking the then NEW Metroliner from DC to Philly and they announced the train was now going 120mph.

A Canadian train trip does sound interesting and fun as does taking the passenger train in Alaska. Would like to try a bullet train once. Not sure the views would be all that spectacular at 300 + MPH but would be interesting to try.

Personally I think luxury train travel would be far more enjoyable than taking a cruise. At least the scenery changes instead of water everywhere-island-water everywhere.

Train travel is enjoyable if you're looking for enjoyment. Like anything else, if you're looking for something to complain about you can easily find it.
I would love to take the train that runs from one side of Canada to the other.
Can still remember many years ago taking the then NEW Metroliner from DC to Philly and they announced the train was now going 120mph.
Going from east to west you start in Halifax by boarding VIA Rail's The Ocean to Montreal.
Depart Halifax @ 13:00 and 27 stops later arrive in Montreal the next day about 10:00 AM.
Then take a VIA rail commuter train from Montreal to Toronto.
You can depart at 10:55, 15:45, 16:40, or 18:40 and the train makes 13 stops, including Toronto. Arrival times in Toronto are (respectively) 16:02, 20:39, 21:20, 23:33.
In Toronto you board The Canadian and it will take you to Vancouver.
The Canadian departs at 22:00. Sixty seven stops and 4 days and 12 hours later The Canadian arrives in Vancouver.
VIA Rail Canada

Most reactions

Back