EPSON 7900, 4000.00 printer. Not bad at all.

LightSpeed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So anywho,
I got this printer for Christmas. It came with a 25 foot roll of the cheapest non photo paper you can get. Doubleweight matte.
Just out of curiosity, I printed this image 23 x 34. I used the lowest quality settings, no microweave, high speed, low resolution, on the worst paper you can print a photo on.
At the time I did not know how to use this printer which is why the settings were crapped out..............which I did not want to admit here. That of course has all changed in the last 3 days.
lol

When it came out of the printer, I was like WOW............damn this thing is nice. This is what it did on the crappiest settings you can set it on, no color adjustment, no gamma adjustment, nothing, which I was to find out the next day.
I just can't wait to see what this thing does maxed out at the highest quality, on premium glossy 250 paper.

See for yourself.......
It's going to get A LOT better.

6629639303_ffd03e313f_z.jpg

That's what photo guy is missing out on!

Those 7800 and 7900's are nice, no doubt. They look best when your DPI is set to 360, 720, 1440, or 2880 BTW. Be cautious of turning it on and off alot, every time you turn it on it does a head cleaning which will deplete your cartridges quick. Don't forget, the heads clog up pretty fast, so make sure you use it alot. None of this "used twice a month" kind of things. It's not built for that, it's built for volume.

They clog easy, mow through ink when cycled, but when printed at 360 DPI, and have the right color profiles for the paper, it really looks stunning.

--Speaking from 4+ years of experience working with 7800's and 9800's almost every day.

Those 7800 and 7900's are nice, no doubt. They look best when your DPI is set to 360, 720, 1440, or 2880 BTW. Be cautious of turning it on and off alot, every time you turn it on it does a head cleaning which will deplete your cartridges quick. Don't forget, the heads clog up pretty fast, so make sure you use it alot. None of this "used twice a month" kind of things. It's not built for that, it's built for volume.

They clog easy, mow through ink when cycled, but when printed at 360 DPI, and have the right color profiles for the paper, it really looks stunning.

--Speaking from 4+ years of experience working with 7800's and 9800's almost every day.

You're just the guy I may be asking for tips here and there. If you don't mind.

Sw1tchFX said:

Even using it alot will clog the printer right? At school it always do a cleaning in the middle of printing or it would clean because the heads were clogged.

I printed a million photos in school cus they came out so nice. We were told to buy premium luster (?) so I dont know what it looks like on glossy!

Sw1tchFX said:
Those 7800 and 7900's are nice, no doubt. They look best when your DPI is set to 360, 720, 1440, or 2880 BTW. Be cautious of turning it on and off alot, every time you turn it on it does a head cleaning which will deplete your cartridges quick. Don't forget, the heads clog up pretty fast, so make sure you use it alot. None of this "used twice a month" kind of things. It's not built for that, it's built for volume.They clog easy, mow through ink when cycled, but when printed at 360 DPI, and have the right color profiles for the paper, it really looks stunning.--Speaking from 4+ years of experience working with 7800's and 9800's almost every day.
Even using it alot will clog the printer right? At school it always do a cleaning in the middle of printing or it would clean because the heads were clogged. I printed a million photos in school cus they came out so nice. We were told to buy premium luster (?) so I dont know what it looks like on glossy!
I like lustre. Nicer than glossy in my opinion

Even using it alot will clog the printer right? At school it always do a cleaning in the middle of printing or it would clean because the heads were clogged.

I printed a million photos in school cus they came out so nice. We were told to buy premium luster (?) so I dont know what it looks like on glossy!

I've worked on everything from mass spectrometers to gas chromatographs, and many a printer.
The last thing I'm worried about is clogged nozzles, or print heads. I flip that stuff out like candy at Halloween. I wanted a high quality print job. I don't think it gets any better than this.
The 7900 has had some updates to the head unit. The color gamut is also expanded by two colors as opposed to the 7800 series, with green and orange being added to the gamut. Allegedly, it doesn't clog as badly, or as quickly and after a look over , I can work on it pretty easy IF it happens, for clean prints. This machine WILL be kept in tip top, game face on, at the ready.

so, are we supposed to be impressed by your printer or how much you paid for it?

seems a little braggy, don't you think?

so, are we supposed to be impressed by your printer or how much you paid for it?

seems a little braggy, don't you think?

Well, I didn't mean it to sound that way. Wasn't trying to offend anyone.
I just thought people might be interested in what you get for about 4k.
For those who may have considered it.
Honestly I'm not trying to brag about it. I mean I'm pretty happy with it, it was a Christmas present.
Couldn't believe I got that for Christmas, really.

I think you got me all wrong.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back