Epson V600 software issue for a real scanning newbie

limajoeguy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just got Epson V600 scanner, using it on my iMac with macOS Big Sur version 11.7.

After installing the Epson software, my first effort was trying to scan some 35 mm slides.

Under document type, it defaults to Reflective, and does not allow me to select Color Positive Film, nor Color Negative Film, nor B & W Negative Film.

It seems I should choose Color Positive Film for color 35 mm slides, but no can do.

Pls help this scanning newbie.

And I just realized perhaps I should find an Epson forum, so my apologies if this is the wrong forum.

I will look for an Epson forum also.

And thank you.

Last edited:
Under document type you should be able to select reflective or film. After selecting film you can select film type. If you have not updated the software after install you might want to that before you try again.

V600 user guide.... https://files.support.epson.com/pdf/prv6ph/prv6phug.pdf
Thank you for your response.
I downloaded the Epson Software Updater, installed it, and ran it and no updates are available, so I think I am using the most recent version.

I looked at the info you linked and the epson scan software version is the one before the epson scan 2 version that is now designated for Mac, I believe.

In other words, there is no option for home or professional or office mode, etc. I will do a screen shot and post momentarily.

Just got a call back from Epson support. She had me uninstall and reinstall the Epson Scan 2 software and it works now.

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.

I always use Professional mode for film with my Epson scanners V600 and V850.
Hi. I am a complete newbie to Epson Scan 2 having used it for only a day. I am trying to explore how to change the scan mode and the only documentation I find from Epson shows an illustration of the "Mode" button that I cannot find in my Mac version of Scan 2.

How do I change the scan mode in Epson Scan 2 on my Mac?

Thank you for any help with this. I am a bit frustrated that this is so difficult for me to find.

Firperson

I never used Epson Scan 2 which is for Apple. I use Epsonscan which is for Windows operating systems. However, here is the link to find the manuals for the V600. I copied one of the pages below. Maybe it helps. You ought to download the full manual.
Let us know if that resolved your issue?

Selecting scan mode from the HTML manual:

V600 manuals to download including both HTML and PDF.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 6

Most reactions

New Topics

Back