Ronaldo
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Aug 28, 2010
- Messages
- 85
- Reaction score
- 13
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
The application is for in-doors studio-work of close-up and macro photos of things that are not moving, generally to be done on a table top. Some small products. And sometimes very close ups/macros of flowers (e.g., the stamen and petals, etc.).
For the lens, is it generally better to have a longer lens, for more flexible lighting (e.g., 200mm)? Or is sometimes a shorter lens better (e.g., 60mm)? Right now I'll be using a D90, but it will likely be upgraded to the new "D800" when available, so I need FX lenses.
Also, any recommendations for tripod, head and or a rail-system? Heavy is fine, since it won't be moved much. I understand that ball heads are not necessarily the best for macro, and that "geared" heads are better for this application given the magnification?
I have a decent total budget for this: $2 - 3k.
thanks
For the lens, is it generally better to have a longer lens, for more flexible lighting (e.g., 200mm)? Or is sometimes a shorter lens better (e.g., 60mm)? Right now I'll be using a D90, but it will likely be upgraded to the new "D800" when available, so I need FX lenses.
Also, any recommendations for tripod, head and or a rail-system? Heavy is fine, since it won't be moved much. I understand that ball heads are not necessarily the best for macro, and that "geared" heads are better for this application given the magnification?
I have a decent total budget for this: $2 - 3k.
thanks