Dikkie

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
0073.jpg

I guess this is supposed to be a 'concept' but, without the title, I'd be lost.
Nothing in the image matches the one leaning forward figure or the title, the tone is bright day.
While all the lines lead away, the shadows are off at an angle.

It is a bit unbaked.

I agree with has been mentioned above.

With a title like that you need to portray some sort of movement. For example: you have your subjects in a similar location or even looking back while you have a moving train and with a slower shutter speed the train will look like its actually in motion and helping to portray "escape"

play a bit more with the lines presented to you, you can emphasize a bit more motion, as is, it's very static.

I actually like it to be static. I personally don't want anything else moving in here.

But I had the photo and than I had to find a title... and I'm very bad with titles you know.
If I had this one titled "Railroad Static", the photo would be excellent according to the title?

People expecting something from a photo according to a title.
Photo's should be without title, no expectations, and then you should be able to criticize from scratch.

I actually like it to be static. I personally don't want anything else moving in here.

But I had the photo and than I had to find a title... and I'm very bad with titles you know.
If I had this one titled "Railroad Static", the photo would be excellent according to the title?

People expecting something from a photo according to a title.
Photo's should be without title, no expectations, and then you should be able to criticize from scratch.

You included the title and not a neutral one but with some overtones of meaning - 'static'

That being said, I can't get anything out of this image, even with the help of the title.
It isn't big enough to see detail that might tell me something, it isn't clear how the figures relate or what they are doing and the shadow pattern isn't coherent with the figure's slant.

I have no idea what or why.
It's not interesting enough to be a mystery.

Another post for critique, defended by the OP on the symantics of it's title (or other details of little relevance).
If your photo doesn't speak for yourself and people are kind enough to provide you with their reaction as to why, take it for what it is: useful.
You got some good feedback from unbiased eyes, I agree with most of it.

Regardless of title:
If you were portraying static and the people were just standing there, I would still not be drawn to the image.
If you were portraying real energetic motion, depending on how you caught them.. it could be interesting..
As it is.. you seemed to have caught them mid-motion, and personally; i find it dull.

Most reactions

Back