Eternal Rest

Rick58

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Another day, another cemetery, another shot
EternalRestweb_zps8e433227.jpg

Which height was the camera from ground?

Which height was the camera from ground?
Maybe 10"-12". I was lying on my stomach. I wanted to get the top of the stones higher the the fence

Ok, great. I love this picture. I don't know if it's shoot with DSLR or film, but I love the mood, the shadow and for me the slight lack of sharpness it's not disturbing.

Thanks. I'm not sure why this one is soft. I did do something different with this one and saved it much smaller the usual. I would like to say it was planned but it wasn't. It does give it a softer look like film with a mediocre lens.

It's not disturbing anyway. On the contrary may be it brings attention to the silhouette of the graves.

I love old graveyards! Actually been thinking of seeing if the cemetery next door will let me work on a tombstone project.

The softness bugs me but not enough to not like the shot. I think the foliage growing out of the sides bothers me more. Still a nice shot, though.

nevermore, do it. I recently stopped at a cemetery I pass very often and was surprised not only to find a number of Civil War markings but also one for a private from the Revolutionary War.

The softness bugs me but not enough to not like the shot. I think the foliage growing out of the sides bothers me more. Still a nice shot, though.

nevermore, do it. I recently stopped at a cemetery I pass very often and was surprised not only to find a number of Civil War markings but also one for a private from the Revolutionary War.
I just need to get around to emailing them. We used to know the caretaker very well but the current one is kinda creepy. It's a newer cemetery (1963), but does have a smaller much older cemetery in it. Unfortunately I'm usually working when the staff is in their office. The last I spoke with them was to get permission to park there when I couldn't get to my house due to a snowstorm (our street doesn't get plowed unless the cemetery brings out their equipment which is rare).

I like this shot and don't mind any softness. Glad you got low.

Thanks Rick. I shoot jpg+nef. I'm a little concerned because all the shots from that day has this overall softness. I'm going to snap a few this weekend just as a test. I have no idea what may have caused it. Taking a cold camera into the warm may cause condensation, but not the other way around. I'm just REALLY hoping it was a fluke. If I recall, these were 1/160 @f11, but they don't appear to be camera shake or focus...Stay tuned.

Another nice shot - I love the shadows on some of the markers. I hope you figure out the technical issue, but the slight softness didn't bother me.

Most reactions

Back