European Starling .

I have to cook cheese burgers on the grill more often. I swear I was cooking on the charcoal grill smoking the air with burgers, I turn behind me and there is sparrows, Grackles, Starlings everywhere. I go grab the camera and the starling was still sitting there doing head turns.:mrgreen: sure they hanging by the feeder but never do I have hundred birds hanging out at once. Have to try some BQ Ribs maybe the owls will show up.

Last edited:
I have to cook cheese burgers on the grill more often. I swear I was cooking on the charcoal grill smoking the air with burgers, I turn behind me and there is sparrows, Grackles, Starlings everywhere. I go grab the camera and the starling was still sitting there doing head turns.:mrgreen: sure they hanging by the feeder but never do I have hundred birds hanging out at once. Have to try some BQ Ribs maybe the owls will show up.

Ha, sounds great and book me a ticket for a BQ :) :)

A mate of mine that is really into birds as well (excellent bird shooter) in Aussie was telling me that him and his wife were in the outbacks and had a BQ out of the van. Turned his back for a second and a Kookaburra swooped down and stole his steak off the plate !! :) :) Cracks me up.

Anyway, its a beauty of a shot and yep, that smell must attract them. Easy to fix, more BQ's ;)

That's funny, the squirrels are sneaky to.

Very nice!!

Starlings are considered a nuisance here just by sheer numbers. We have a flock of about 100 that sleep in our cedar stand every spring, it's awesome to watch the whole flock gather and fly every night before settling in.

The biggest issue we have had is 5 of them fell down the chimney in a couple days time before Mr Rabbit got the guards back on.

Thanks Judi. I never knew people have such issues with them.

That makes sense thanks Judi. I often wonder why when here there is nothing like that, so Starlings are a bird that causes no problem. We just enjoy them ;) I know in Italy they have major problems with them, seen a few youtube videos and they are a pain for sure in those massive flocks.

Beautiful shot, great exposure and colors.......

What a beautiful shot for a beautiful bird, David -- a sterling shot for a starling...you did not make a mistake, it is really a sterling shot for a starling. You ace this one good!

Beautiful shot, great exposure and colors.......
Thanks Randy

What a beautiful shot for a beautiful bird, David -- a sterling shot for a starling...you did not make a mistake, it is really a sterling shot for a starling. You ace this one good!
Thanks for the kind words Izzie.

Wow! Gorgeous bird you've got there David.. I don't suppose we have them here though, would have been nice to have a go at them :(

Fantastic shot!

Also its now a Starling not a sterling :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back