European Starling

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My first capture of a European Starling and the camera didn't focus very well, as usual but oh well, I got it!

968-speckled-bird-(2)-f.jpg

Not bad at all Kirk, starlings have sone great irridecent colours in them if you can get them in the right light. Sadly they've got a lot less common in the UK than they used to be.

Pete's right but still see them on a daily basis. A few years ago there was one in my garden used to whistle the theme form the Adams Family or was it The Munsters. One of the two. Quite bizarre.

It was annoying me so I YouTubed it. It was the Adams Family.

Not bad at all Kirk, starlings have sone great irridecent colours in them if you can get them in the right light. Sadly they've got a lot less common in the UK than they used to be.

Thanks! Yes, I can see a little purple around the neck area. I had to look it up, hadn't seen one before and the description of them said they were considered a nuisance bird by some but whether or not it's true that they are I find them to be beautiful with their greenish, downward pointing, arrow-head shaped markings on black and the luminance of a purple grackle. I hope I start seeing more of them.

Pete's right but still see them on a daily basis. A few years ago there was one in my garden used to whistle the theme form the Adams Family or was it The Munsters. One of the two. Quite bizarre.

Thanks! I always thought The Addams Family intro song was better than The Munsters but I liked The Munsters better. I loved grandpa's crazy hot-rod coffin, "The Dragula" and the family car, the "Munster Koach." I lived to see scenes with those vehicles in them a kid and they're still pretty cool. I'd give away all my camera gear and my left piggy for either. :moon:
BTW, I didn't hear it whistle/chirp the tune but maybe I'll get lucky some day. Very interesting, I'll have to research that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back