Eve- Beauty Portrait

Detail is usually nice in a picture but I personally don't find skin pores and exposed make-up appealing. It's good work but it's just too close up for my liking. If she were further back with the skin looking smooth I would like this more.
Thanks for the feedback. Personally I can't stand the look of skin that has been smoothed over, but that's just me.

I think you misunderstand. When I say the "skin looking smooth" I don't mean smoothed over in PS, I just mean a smoother appearance due to distance from the subject. E.G. Craters on the surface of the moon appear smoother when further away. Cheers!

Wouldnt it work the same if you stood further back from the image :) :) :)
I think it's excellent in it's execution (to many likes to list). I would be giving myself a huge pat on the back if I produced an image of that quality.

Pores are real, people.

Wow....

I'm not much into portaiture but this really stunning. The colour pallette is fantastic, the processing sypathetic, the composition is elegant, even the light fall of on the neck is beautifully done. Everything in this shot is working for it. 10/10 in my book.

Mind if I ask how this shot was lit?

I think the level of detail is close to perfect. We can even see some peachfuzz hairs in a frw places. THIS ADDS tremendously to the verisimilitude. A beauty shot SHOWS The skin and makeup. First-rate, this shot.

I think it's excellent in it's execution (to many likes to list). I would be giving myself a huge pat on the back if I produced an image of that quality.
It would, but that also wouldn't be possible to get this shot because I was using a prime lens.
Thank you so much!

Wow....

I'm not much into portaiture but this really stunning. The colour pallette is fantastic, the processing sypathetic, the composition is elegant, even the light fall of on the neck is beautifully done. Everything in this shot is working for it. 10/10 in my book.

Mind if I ask how this shot was lit?
Thank you so much!

It was lit using a single Neewer C300 flash and softbox with a silver reflector for fill.

I think the level of detail is close to perfect. We can even see some peachfuzz hairs in a frw places. THIS ADDS tremendously to the verisimilitude. A beauty shot SHOWS The skin and makeup. First-rate, this shot.
Thank you so much Derrel. Detail is so important to me in a portrait, especially skin pores. I can't connect with portraits that have no detail in the skin.

It would, but that also wouldn't be possible to get this shot because I was using a prime lens.
Thank you so much!

I was referring to the people looking at it :)

Thank you so much!

I was referring to the people looking at it :)
Haha, ok that gave me a good laugh.

Photography can be confusing, I thought portraits were about making a person look beautiful but now it seems they're more about beautiful work. Your skills are fantastic, keep doing what you're doing.

Photography can be confusing, I thought portraits were about making a person look beautiful but now it seems they're more about beautiful work. Your skills are fantastic, keep doing what you're doing.
Thank you so much. I honestly don't like spending time in photoshop, so I do as much as I can to minimize editing and make the shot itself beautiful at the moment of exposure rather than in photo editing softwares.

Thank you so much. I honestly don't like spending time in photoshop, so I do as much as I can to minimize editing and make the shot itself beautiful at the moment of exposure rather than in photo editing softwares.

If you asked me I would say that's a true sign of a real/good photographer. Making good pictures is like making beer, "It won't be good until you get the recipe right." Have a great day.

Most reactions

Back