Evening Paddle

Joel Bolden

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Had a quiet evening paddle on Penn State's Lake Perez which is nestled deep in the Rothrock State Forest here in Central Pennsylvania. A number of critters were about: A Snapping Turtle strolling along the shallow end of the lake, along with a Painted(who doesn't like red) Turtle and a Bull Frog. Ran across a young Beaver quietly feeding along the shore's edge, and then a Whitetail doe looked startled when she popped her head out of the brush.
_IMG6408.l.jpg
_IMG6414.l.jpg
_IMG6435.l.jpg
_IMG6438.l.jpg
_IMG6441.l.jpg
_IMG6453.l.jpg

What a beautiful evening on the lake! It looks amazing. I can only imagine how peaceful and fun it was to look around and capture all these critters in action. Terrific set - thanks for sharing these!

Nice set. I'm in for the doe looking at ya. And you got all of these on one paddle!

Not a bad set for one walk along the river, must have been beautiful, very nice, I’m envious!

What a beautiful evening on the lake! It looks amazing. I can only imagine how peaceful and fun it was to look around and capture all these critters in action. Terrific set - thanks for sharing these!
Thanks Terri. I usually paddle this lake early in the day, since it's 25 miles of deer filled back roads to get to it, but I just may keep coming later like this. No people around and you're surrounded by thousands of acres of mountain forest.

Most reactions

Back