Ever dropped your camera?

I have never dropped my camera *knocks on wood.*

The school photographer though did drop it as he got on a ladder. Luckily he didn't drop it from the top (about 100 feet or so!).

Almost dropped my 30D the second day I got it while it was on the tripod. Was shooting at an elevated platform when was about to jump off, the tripod shook and tilted forward heading toward the ground (4feet above). Had the whole matrix thing going on and caught it just intime. Whew, not a great feeling. Very careful when I use a tripod. Hope nobody ever has to see their camera get torn up due to carelessness. (knocks on wood)

drop them in the water and you will realise that a tank is no submarine ;)

(almost did this with a film EOS some years ago.)

Dropped a Canon powershot in the waters of Alaska last August...right after I had taken some brilliant shots of a black bear cub. :p
But then again, it was only a little cheap camera, and look where that got me? A new, nicer camera to compensate for it, and a new hobby. :mrgreen:

Yeah, Kind of. I have been wanting to get a snapshot of my neice for a long time. Her brother will do just about any thing for a picture, but she literally runs for the hills when I dig one out. I finally got one and her responce was throwing a pillow at me. It was one of those rather heavy shaped pillows (a race car I think it was). She didn't hit the camera but when the pillow hit me I was cought off guard and it startled me. I droped it, good four feet to the hardwood floor. camera survived just fine, prolly due to it being an inexpencive kodak ES C743.

Dropped a Canon powershot in the waters of Alaska last August...right after I had taken some brilliant shots of a black bear cub. :p

:confused: terrible!

but at least you did not give up on photography then :)

Not a dropped camera, but my brother was at an aligator sanctuary in S. America when one of them decided to run towards him and the group he was with. Unfortunately a member of his group had put some of his photogaphy equipment on the ground. He scrabbled to pick his stuff up in time, but the first things he grabbed were itmes like his lens cover and camera bag. He grabbed at his lens, missed and had to conclude he didn't have enough time to get it before the 'gator reached him...

This was the result... http://www.flickr.com/photos/mk-travel-pics/440191972/

Anyone that has ever used a camera professionaly has dropped a camera at some point. That's why you have insurance.
Old film cameras were more robust having metal bodies. I dropped an Olympus about 7 feet - it bounced. A small dent in the base plate was all it suffered.
My best was dropping £3,500 worth of 10x8 lens (a 380mm) getting it out of the box. I chipped the edge of the lens. But the alignment was OK so a bit of black wax to stop flare and it was as good as new.
Plastic might be lighter, cheaper and easier to work with but the stuff likes to shatter.

Yep, I dropped it and it rolled down a hill in Arlington. :p

Funny you ask. I dropped mine just yesterday. Been checking it out and I'm puzzled. Whenever I snap a pic the shutter stays open a long time (going by sound and dark viewfinder) no matter what setting I use. BUT, when I check pics exposure seems ok. Can't figure it out!

2 things. a) may be your mirror staying up not your shutter open, b) the sensor may be turning off and the shutter stays open. Take a picture of something with high contrast and a massive difference in dynamic range (silhouette against the sun) and if the edges of the silhouette completely blow out beyond normal it's probably the latter.

I dropped mines once, my small compact. Didn't have the starp around my wrist and it fell. Wasn't dented, just had a wee scratch. *Wheew*

If I dropped my Dad's 350, I would be dead!

nevr dropped mine yet.... but i have had the falling tripod thing!! luckily i caught it before it went down the banking into the river!!!

Augphoto check the settings, exp. delay mode may be on... just a thought

Funny this thread should come up now. I dropped my RB67 and stuck my foot out to break it's fall, I fractured 2 toes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back