Ever Heard of the White Wave???

LittleMike

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Several people have heard of The Wave in the Coyote Buttes area on the Utah/Arizona border, but have you ever heard of the White Wave?!

I hiked 9 miles and climbed over 2000ft in elevation to capture these :) I know the lighting isn't ideal, but I thought they turned out decent all things considered. Now I just need to camp up there so I can see all the light changes.

C&C Please!

IMG_3111small.jpg

Canon 5DmkII w/24-105L lens
f/16
1/400 sec

IMG_3158small.jpg

f/16
1/640 sec

IMG_3342small.jpg

f/16
1/400 sec

This is mainly just to give a little scale to show you the size of the area. That's the guy I was hiking with sitting in the middle.
IMG_3335small.jpg

--
Edit: Decided to put a few more up from the day.
--

IMG_3143small.jpg

IMG_3179small.jpg

IMG_3266small.jpg

Last edited:
That first one is stupendous!
The second is a close runner up.

Nice images.

I imagine thats true, get out of your element, new surroundings.

Thanks to both of you!

Ryan, anytime you want to check out the desert southwest (southern Utah, northern Arizona) I'd be more than happy to show you around. I've lived 30 miles from this place most of my life and only heard about it 2 months ago. It's virtually unknown, even to locals.

I decided to put up another 3 images in my original post...

Sparky like!

Thanks to both of you!

Ryan, anytime you want to check out the desert southwest (southern Utah, northern Arizona) I'd be more than happy to show you around. I've lived 30 miles from this place most of my life and only heard about it 2 months ago. It's virtually unknown, even to locals.

Thanks Mike, You really do have a spectacular place to photograph out there.

I agree about the first one. Good composition and nothing but rock and sky. The DOF really makes the shot work.

1 and 5 are my favorites!! Nice job! I really need to get out of my backyard....lol

These are really cool. When I saw the first one I thought it looked like decorative sand raked to look that way. I need to be more adventurous in my locations. Nice stuff.

Most reactions

Back