Executive Assitants.

bace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Please stop being so smug. I make more money than you. I'm better than you. Stop acting like you have all the power.

...even though you do.

*shakes fists high in the air*

Yeah, but they're not posting here about it. You still win! :lol:

....however, I should add, they can probably spell "assistants". :mrgreen:

Here's a little story for you:

I once worked for a secretarial recruitment agency and we dealt with PA, Exec Ass, Team Secs, and just plain secs. That's how we referred to them anyway.

All new candidates had to do a basic idiot level proficiency test.

One day it was really busy and I was sharking around the reception trying the free chocolates technique and they asked me to deal with some of the crowd.

I pick my victim, get her tested and everything and she's good. Damn good. 100% English, 100% Maths, 120wpm over one hour. Her CV looks good, really good. In fact she's top dog. I told her she was really good, she just looked at me like I was mad.

I later found out she had an appointment with the owner of the company, who placed her directly as Executive Assistant to the CEO of 3M corp. She got £140,000 a year for this role.

She did have all the power. I still made the miserable old cow do two hours of idiot level testing.

Rah!

Rob

terri said:

TOUCHE!

Pfft. I did it all on purpose.

Being a management & program assistant, I don't know if I qualify as an "executive assistant" but I guess I'll do until one arrives. This thread sure struck a chord with me, though. I imagined the same things being thought by certain folks in my office (and this isn't directed at you, Bace)...

Please stop being so smug.

I'm not smug. I'm annoyed...annoyed that you seem to think I can drop everything I'm doing at a moment's notice to help you with some inane problem that you should be perfectly capable of sorting out yourself. The person behind you likewise thinks I should drop whatever I'm working on for you, to help him with his equally trivial issue. Go away. Both of you. Immediately.

I make more money than you.

And yet, you seem to think less should be expected of you...that I should hold your hand and spell things out for you...that I should make it easier for you to make things harder for me...that I shouldn't expect you to--*gasp*--do your job. How 'bout actually earning that big whopping paycheck instead of worrying about how to scam a little extra on your next expense voucher?

I'm better than you.

Then why is it necessary for me explain things to you repeatedly, using small words? This, after having sent you an e-mail explaining that very same thing, again, using small words. You know the e-mail I'm talking about...the one I had to resend to you. The one that languished in your inbox, unread, for two weeks before you "accidentally" deleted it. Incompetent boob.

Stop acting like you have all the power.

Of course, I'm well aware that I don't have all the power. If I did, we wouldn't be having this conversation, Sparky. I'd trade your simple-minded butt for Joe Bag-o-doughnuts right off the street. In a hearbeat. See that line of people behind you? They're not waiting to see me. They want your job.

Whew. That was therapeutic.

terri said:
Yeah, but they're not posting here about it. You still win! :lol:

Is that on the exam to become an executive asistante? damn...

PetersCreek said:
Being a management & program assistant, I don't know if I qualify as an "executive assistant" but I guess I'll do until one arrives. This thread sure struck a chord with me, though. I imagined the same things being thought by certain folks in my office (and this isn't directed at you, Bace)...

I'm not smug. I'm annoyed...annoyed that you seem to think I can drop everything I'm doing at a moment's notice to help you with some inane problem that you should be perfectly capable of sorting out yourself. The person behind you likewise thinks I should drop whatever I'm working on for you, to help him with his equally trivial issue. Go away. Both of you. Immediately.

And yet, you seem to think less should be expected of you...that I should hold your hand and spell things out for you...that I should make it easier for you to make things harder for me...that I shouldn't expect you to--*gasp*--do your job. How 'bout actually earning that big whopping paycheck instead of worrying about how to scam a little extra on your next expense voucher?

I'm better than you.

Then why is it necessary for me explain things to you repeatedly, using small words? This, after having sent you an e-mail explaining that very same thing, again, using small words. You know the e-mail I'm talking about...the one I had to resend to you. The one that languished in your inbox, unread, for two weeks before you "accidentally" deleted it. Incompetent boob.

Of course, I'm well aware that I don't have all the power. If I did, we wouldn't be having this conversation, Sparky. I'd trade your simple-minded butt for Joe Bag-o-doughnuts right off the street. In a hearbeat. See that line of people behind you? They're not waiting to see me. They want your job.

How many ways can I say BINGO!!!?!?!?!?

Next salesman who asks me WHERE THE ON BUTTON IS ON HIS COMPUTER get stuffed into his wastebin!!! (No, joke - one actually asked me that)

Oh, and the next one to say "You have a degree?" in a surprised tone gets a staple in a VERY uncomfortable place. Before going to the company I am with now I did everythign from sales to designing a direct mail campaign to sales forecasts and chewed out company presidents on a regular basis!!!! However, as the current company is a nonprofit - I get paid more to now sit on my butt and be bored out of my mind babysitting idiot salesmen. :grumpy: I'm about ready to give up the extra cash to go back to doing work that actually matters for people who appreciate that I have a brain in my skull!!!!!

PetersCreek said:

I'm better than you.

HAHAHA, I'm usually this person in the actual office. Every idiot in there asks the stupidest questions about their computers. This guy that sits behind has lately taken to just demanding things from me. "Paul, can you fix this for me". "No Zak, because if I fix it for you, you're just going to eff it up again. How about YOU fix it. Then the next time it eff's up, you'll know what to do. And another thing, moron, you ever here of the word 'please'? It's magical. Learn it. Idiot."

Most reactions

New Topics

Back