As a quick snap, I like everything except for those disgusting metal folding chairs. I know you can't control it.
I should of walked over and kicked them over like dominoes ! sorry guys and girls, I didn't realize there was a just for fun section!
In terms of drawing the eye all I was looking at throughout was the red cross in the middle but i understand the composition your eyes just bounce everywhere as theres so much to take in! cheers for the C&C anywhoo!
The red cross does not stand out because 1. It is too small in the frame. 2. It is perfectly blending with the church evironment, it is just a part of a "religious decor" if you wish...
The stand out feature here is definitely those blue chairs. I actually do not think they are ugly at all. Quite contrary, chairs create a nice positive contrast with the dark, gloomy, imposing, dominating - you name it - church interior. This interior was deliberately created by an architect to make you feel small and insignificant, subordinate to the High Power. So chairs add a secular, human touch, almost an alternative, and the fact that the chairs are lit by the sun, whereas the "religious part" is plunged into darkness, makes this image a little bit more than just a quick snapshot :thumbup:
I often judge a photograph by whether it gives me a story. And this one is a good photo, and I do not care if it was a quick snapshot or a piece of art. I do not even care about the exposure, shadows etc etc... because this image gives me a perfect story.
Just imagine that these chairs represent people who do not belong to the church, who grew up non-Christians, because they live in another part of the world that never knew Christianity. So they came here, sat in these "alien" blue chairs and asked the priest : " Look, according to your doctrine, God created us. He created us non-religious, or Buddists, or worshipers of Quetzalcoatl or Mountain Monkey God. He created us the way we are on purpose without giving us any chance to be Christians. And for this sole reason, according to the doctrine, we will die and burn in hell, eternally. We will suffer the most agonising pain that will never ever stop. We will be in a place that is worse that a Nazi gas camera FOREVER. For one reason - because no one in our land ever heard about Christianity and therefore we are not Christians. He created us to suffer an unimaginable, endless pain, and he did it on purpose, because apparently everything the almighty god does, has its purpose. So our question is - what kind of a fella your god is? "
Sorry for the long story. And thanks for the image, i enjoyed it.