"EXIF data" doesn't show??

JasonB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm curious about when "EXIF data" shows in a particular photo.

I right clicked on lots of photos then selected View Image Info........ but at no time has the EXIF data shown along with the photo.

Most of the photos seemed to come from photobucket, but some were from other host sites. Does photobucket strip this info?

How can I get the the EXIF data?

Many thanks...........

Most browsers (all maybe?) aren't set up to read EXIF data. However, you should be able to find plug-ins that will allow you to view it. I'm at work at the moment, and we only have IE7, and I can't install plug-ins. But I have an EXIF viewer plugin installed for Firefox on my home computer.

Just do a search for EXIF viewer and whatever browser you're using.

I have used Opanda and Kuso. Some people strip their image data too though.

I use Firefox also Jason and can't get either Opanda or Kuso's plug ins to work with it.They are both fine on IE so if you manage to get it working let me know please.

Most browsers (all maybe?) aren't set up to read EXIF data. However, you should be able to find plug-ins that will allow you to view it. I'm at work at the moment, and we only have IE7, and I can't install plug-ins. But I have an EXIF viewer plugin installed for Firefox on my home computer.

Thanks Gaerek. I'm currently using Firefox but have never experimented with plugins. I see what I can do....

Yes, it probably has to do with how the image was processed. Many people strip some or all of the EXIF data, either unknowingly or purposely.

Oh ya...'view image info' isn't for getting the EXIF.

Try 'EXIF Viewer' for Firefox. Just search for it on their add-ons page.

You can't view Flickr EXIF info off site either.
Also if you "save for web" rather than "save as" photoshop strips EXIF.

Or you can go here and get all the exif data you like without a plug-in or programs and it functions nicely.
I think you may like it.

Jeffrey's Exif viewer

Simply right click on the image you want the data on, copy its location then paste it to the fields provided.

Because that's so much quicker and easier than right clicking an image and selecting "view EXIF data."

It worked guys......... I installed the plugin on Firefox and got all the exif data...(First time I ever installed a plugin) ... On a couple of photos this data evidently was stripped out...

Thanks so much for your help....

Now I need to know how a poster elects to include or strip out the exif data....... Any help would be greatly appreciated...

(There hope for this old retired geologist afterall....:lol::lol:)

It worked guys......... I installed the plugin on Firefox and got all the exif data...(First time I ever installed a plugin) ... On a couple of photos this data evidently was stripped out...

Now I need to know how a poster elects to include or strip out the exif data....... Any help would be greatly appreciated...

When you save the file for web or even in option settings, you can strip out the EXIF data to make the file smaller. Doesn't make much difference, but when you are talking server space for websites, every kilobyte matters.

Can you show me which site you got your plugin from Since I have never been able to get it to work on Firefox just IE.

When you save the file for web or even in option settings, you can strip out the EXIF data to make the file smaller. Doesn't make much difference, but when you are talking server space for websites, every kilobyte matters.

Thanks farmerj.......

Mozilla will not allow Opanda as an Add-in because of security and up-date issues. There are other add-ins though that will do the same thing.

Can you show me which site you got your plugin from Since I have never been able to get it to work on Firefox just IE.

Here you go, mwcfarms....

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3905/

Most reactions

New Topics

Back